Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Just had a question for you guys out there. I just bought a used M800 and i noticed something odd a few days ago.

When I rev the engine while in neutral (say to 5k rpm) and kill the throttle, it takes a while (3-5 secs) for the engine to reach back to idle. Now normally i wouldnt worry but i have seen a few other monsters in the past that did not do this. In fact that ones ive seen tend to drop back to idle almost instantaneously when blipping the throttle.

I know that the lighter flywheel upgrade is fairly popular. The monsters i may have seen could have this upgrade but i just wanted to see if any stock monsters out there are doing the same thing. The bike is still under warranty and if this is an issue id like to take care of it ASAP. The throttle does not seem like its sticking at all so im pretty sure its not that.

If someone could tell me that their stock Monster reacts the same way it would ease my worries greatly.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
My ST2 did that when I first got it. I took it in for a service and had the throttle bodies synchronized and it completely fixed the problem.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
i had a similar problem. i would come to a stop at lights and my bike would keep revving, kinda embarrasing. the symptom was the idle was set too high. had it adjusted and all is well.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 800 and don't have that problem.
When I kill the throttle, the RPM's come right down... real quick.

I'd take it in and have it checked out. Your bike should still be under warranty, right?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 800 does not do that either. Take it to the dealer.

zeus

This is off topic but I noticed your goodie list and I had to ask. I'm planning to do PCIII,pipes and air box mod. What do you think of the improvements.

thanks,
daniel

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
murry, do the pcIII! it makes a huge difference, especially with a custom map. all rpm points are improved and the smooth power really makes the bike much more enjoyable to ride. after the mods it was well worth the money!!
mike

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I just picked up my '04 M800 last night and am chomping at the bit to mod her up. Right now I am happy enough with her performance but just need to put on those pipes. I need to hear the V-twin sound. I friend has a set of used carbon slip ons but I am not sure if they are from a 900, a 750 or an 800. They will propably physically fit or I am not buying them so if they fit does it matter if they are from a 900 or 750? I am not sure but I think the DP catalouge lists them together as one part number. Is the PCIII absolutely necessary if you install slip ons? How much are the PCIII's? TIA cdc

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If your buddy's pipes are low mounts, then they will fit.
High mounts... I'm not so sure. I think that the 02+ bikes had a different set up than the earlier models.
See if you can find out what bike they came off of. Then send Strati a message (s4strati). He's the exhaust expert. He should be able to give you a definite answer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts