Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 monster 620 and it was recently mildly laid down, so i was changing out the tail light to the sequential motodynamic led light with the signals build in, got everything working and closed the seat I mght have mad a positive to ground connection, turn it off and back on, and bam no lights on dash no sweeping gauges. and no starting of the bike, i was mad, and still am.

i turn the key, fuel pump primes, but the gauge cluster is dead..

I am not sure what is going on some people mentioned a wreck safety switch , which i don't know where it is, nor how to use it,
and others mentioned a kill switch, the owners manual does not mention the two of those. please help me get it going again I want to ride before the rain this week feel free to email me, [email protected] or respond on here

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am not sure what is going on some people mentioned a wreck safety switch , which i don't know where it is, nor how to use it,
and others mentioned a kill switch, the owners manual does not mention the two of those. please help me get it going again I want to ride before the rain this week feel free to email me, [email protected] or respond on here
The kill switch s/b the red switch on the right bar.

I used the kill switch all the time on the Buell, but the Monster manual says not to use it for normal on/off operation, so it it does get switched off by accident, bike will not start, until I finally think to throw it down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked the fuses and the only one broken was the 14 for the tail light, but that should not keep the dash cluster from not powering up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well problem solved, it was that damn tail light / pilot fuse..... so check your fuses, and check another forum, this one is pretty dead

·
Registered
663 Posts
well problem solved, it was that damn tail light / pilot fuse..... so check your fuses, and check another forum, this one is pretty dead
Well, I guess everyone thought you would have checked the fuses BEFORE posting on here. Didn't know we had to state the obvious first step of tracking an electrical problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts