Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you tried it?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hey girlie,

Proactive is good stuff. One of the best things I've tried so far. It's definitely worth trying, even if you don't stay with it.

Glycolic acid is key; salacylic acid is Ok but it doesn't exfoliate your skin like the glycolic acid does.

The proactive kit usually comes with a complimentary face mask too. It's a sulphur mask and it was great stuff. The only part about it that stunk was, well, it stunk. For a couple of days after you use it, when you get your face wet, you can smell sulphur. My mom and I used to joke about it and call each other fart face [laugh]. Worked like nobody's business for me though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Used it from 2000-2002. Worked so great I stopped (stupid move!). Problems came back so I saw a series a dermos. Did peels, meds, creams, etc. All of which cost a bundle of dough and actually seemed to worsen my skin.

Went back to Proactiv a year or two ago and won't think about using anything else again. I just love it. If you stick with the regimen, be methodical about it, I promise you will be pleased. Tip: use the BP lotion just at night at first - until your skin gets used to it. ;D

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hasn't it come down to $20 for the kit instead of the $40 it used to be? If so I may just go back to it. I was using Avon Solutions TruePorefection, and it worked for a while, but it's not as effective any more. :p

Damn oily skin :mad:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's 20 for a 30 day supply

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I don't know anything about the product, but I do closed captions for QVC and they claim to have lower prices than retail on everything and also have special values, etc. so you may want to check it out. They have an introductory (ie, lower) price on a 5-piece kit, but I have no idea what it would be elsewhere. if you go to www.qvc.com and punch in the product, and you can be emailed re specials if you want. It's an astonishing marketing machine, if nothing else. You have to pay shipping but you can lock in a rate and then cancel later... and I don't get a commission. ;D

kazadi

·
Registered
247 Posts
Another Proactiv fan here. I had bad acne on my chin and nose and it cleared up in less than a month when I started following the system. I think the products are great and it helps that theres a system to follow.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am not such a fan of the stuff. It wasn't good for my sensitive skin. It did its job quite well as far as clearing acne, but by day 3, I had gotten a cheap chemical peel. It wasn't pretty. :(

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have mildly sensitive skin and am extremely prone to breakouts. Every time I've stopped, I end up going right back to it. I've tried so many other acne treatments out there, but it's the Proactiv system that has kept my skin routinely clear. They didn't used to advertise it this way, but if you do get a spot or two, if you just put on a dab of the mask overnight, it makes the spot go away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts