Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried any of the Pro-Taper bars on their bikes.
I have always used them on my dirtbikes. Since my S4R already has the right size clamps for these I was considering
the Doug Henry bend. My only thought is that there might not be enough 'bar' for all the switch gear since dirtbikes dont need to worry about this. If anyone has tried this or a similar idea please advise on it. I am not real crazy about the bend of the stock S4R bars.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you were to check your dirt bike pro tapers to the ones on your S4R, I would bet that you will find that they are really close if not spot on the same size. Maybe a different bend. It seem like all the bars put on all Ducatis are dirtbike bars. Even the review in all the mags I have read all make not to mention this fact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you done the pro-taper mod yet. I ride dirt bikes also CRF 450, and would like to know. I just picked up a 900 monster and think some pro-tapers would be nice. Let me know.
Thanks

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I temporarily owned a 96 M900 with Pro-Taper bars on it, but they were the wrong bend for the bike. I would have swapped them out immediately for stock bars that I had lying around, but the Pro-Tapers were larger diameter where they attach to the triple clamp and I didn't have a replacement bar clamp.

There was plenty of room for the switches and other stuff to mount on the bar.

C

·
0 Posts
I took it off . . . do I need it?

Just kidding ::) 2003 monsters have the ST tie rod thingy. Everyone seems to think there's something funny with that pic. DucnHar thought I raised the rear. It's stock except no hugger and a very nice chopped tail! ;)

I even like the way the stock cans look. So if anyone wants to buy some Sil High mount SS conicals . . ..

jb

N

·
0 Posts
Jim,

Were you kidding about selling a set of SS Sil High Mounts?

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts