Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but I just opened my browser to look up Silverback's web page and find their phone number (my bike is in for extensive service). I typed in http://www.silverbackperformance.com and lo' and behold, look at what website comes up. Motoprimo???

A quick Google search corrected me to http://www.silverbackperformance.net but still, did they seriously register that domain just to catch would-be customers of Silverback who didn't know any better? I could be far off, and I know it's never wise to jump to conclusions, so I refrain from going any farther with that thought.

I can't seem to get through to Fred today. Must have the day and/or week off like most others. Since I am a geek whose entire career revolves around the internet, I am curious to know the answer to this...

Anyone else know why Motoprimo has silverbackperformance.com redirecting to themselves?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I did a quick whois search, and it looks like somebody named Tony Peterson registered the domain name. Is this someone who is associated with MotoPrimo?

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=silverbackperformance&tld=com

I'm gonna call the number listed in the directory and see who picks up tomorrow. It's (952) 200-4780 , and it doesn't appear to be a listing for one of the Primo stores.

I also sent a quick note to Fred -- he's visiting his family in Ohio, but his reply indicated that he's not happy...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Yes, Tony is the parts manager at Primo. Tony and Fred are well aquainted and this is best if left between the two of them. I know both of them and that's all that I'm saying.
So, Pete made Fred aware of the situation, now it's best left between those two... ;)

Pete, pm sent

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's just wrong...I guess I know where to take my business to in the future.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Guys, don't get carried away. You don't even know the history here. Both Tony and Fred were Silverback. This is between those two...period.
It looks bad but they were partners. So, leave it between them. :police: [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fasterblkduc said:
Guys, don't get carried away. You don't even know the history here. Both Tony and Fred were Silverback. This is between those two...period.
It looks bad but they were partners. So, leave it between them. :police: [thumbsup]
Yeah, I kinda regret posting my question now... :-X

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Perfectly legit question to ask. You had no idea of their history together. I'm only posting to let everyone know that there is a history and it is probably good to bring it to Fred's attention but after that...your work is done here. Let them work it out. [thumbsup]

On a related note...The local DML board has proven itself a valuable tool many times for local riders. It's been a great resource for all of us and especially newer riders. It has exposed bogus claims (booby trapped corners in Wis.), and shown that our local biking community watches out for each other. I think that it's great having a forum where we can go to both ask and give advice. I say, keep up the good work by alerting our fellow riders of potential issues, passing on valuable info, and organizing get togethers. In other words...don't feel bad for posting! :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
MonsterHooligan said:
ok, now THAT is weird!
I think somebody's toyin' with us here. ::)

Tony -- if you're readin' this, it's time to stop the petty games.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
fasterblkduc said:
I agree [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1 Posts
The other day I noticed that silverbackperformance.com was unused (since August). I called Fred (my #1 son). He investigated and found that silverbackperformance.com and silverbackracing.com were both available.

They are now both his - the .net version AND the .com version.

End of confusion?

Dan Snyder - the Fancy Dancer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.