Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a major oil leak on my primary seal, oil is every where, the chain, stand, rear tiangle, it's bad! :eek:
So I went out and paid the 30 bucks for the new seal, drained the oil, took off the filter and removed all the bolts holding the "panel" or what ever that thing is, and now it will not come off? :-X can someone please tell me how to get this thing off so I can replace the seal, and get back on the road! :'( If you want pix so we all understand what i'm talking about let me know. thanks all......

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Can you post a pic so I can figure out what you're trying to describe.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Hmmm, are you talking about the left side engine cover? the one with this thing in the middle?

(though your's probably doesn't have the cool DML logo on it ;) )

If so, then yeah, it doesn't just fall off when you undo all the retaining bolts, there's a bearing under that cover and you need to use puller to get it off.

BUT...

You don't need to pull that cover to get at the oil seal behind the sprocket. There's a small plastic cover over the sprocket that's held on with 4 bolts, but I can't imagine anything holding that in place once the bolts are out... I _think_ it needs a little jiggling because a small tab fits under the clutch slave cylinder, but unless it's "glued in" with gunked up chain lube and road grime, it should come off really easily.

Like Ducpainter says, some photo's of what you're trying to remove would help us give better advice...

big

1 - 4 of 4 Posts