Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Ducati Monster S4R with 996 superbike engine. Special ordered in Verona, Italy-with US specs. Flat Black. Under 800 miles due to military deployments. Garage kept, never dropped, perfect condition! Baby on the way, so must sell.

Will sell for $8,900.00 obo. All records on site. Serious inquires only please.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
nice bike, where in FL? merry christmas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I love the bike but just haven't been riding it too much lately and with a baby due any day now I don't expect to have much time for it anymore. We're up in Dade City, North of Tampa.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
i totally understand. i sold both bikes shortly after having a kid the first two times. congrats on the new addition.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
happy new year.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
well, at least congrats on the baby. :)

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Randall said:
why does your s4r have the cheaper chrome 7/8" handlebars, instead of the wider magura's?

has it been dropped?
it may have something to do with being "Special ordered in Verona, Italy-with US specs."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The bike is US specs however, I had the Verona dealer put the dark version on it which changed the chrome and other small details, including the handlebars. The 2004 S4R US Specs didn't have a "dark" version, but I ordered the flat black with the more subdued metal.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
What are the differences between the 996 superbike motor and the stock S4R? Why the special order? Any other mods?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was special order because I was stationed in Italy with the military and bought it from an Italian dealer. I had to special order it because I needed it to have US specs in order to be able to eventually bring it back to the US.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts