Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much did your 600 mi service cost?

I just got my bike back from the dealer. It took 4 days to do the service (not a big deal). When I droped it off I asked the service manager to see if I qualified for the free 600 and 6000 mi service because it is a new 2002 m 750 i bought in June of 2003. When i came to pick it up, they had not made any calls. So I asked him to check again, but Ducati Warranty/service dept. was closed. So i had to pay the price of the service and then wait and see if I can get my money back. Then while paying for it the guy swiped my credit card 3 times - told me there was a bad connetion. checked my bankstatement few days later and i see they charged me twice for the service. So now i have been charged aprox. 790 for a service that should have been free to begin with. :mad:

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
first see your dealer about the double charge. he should run a credit for you. if he doesn't do it, call your credit card company about the double charge and then back it up in writing. call DNA about the vouchers. they should be able to tell if you qualified. let us know how you make out.

G

·
Yeah you definitely qualified. I wouldn't let this go. Contact whoever you have to, to get it taken care of

Maybe they are getting paid twice? Once by you and once by ducati. I got my first 600 paid for without the vouchures. I didnt get them till weeks afterward.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
When I bought my '01 S4 in August '02 it had the free maintenance offer as well. The dealer (complete idiots who are no longer selling Ducs) didn't know a thing about the free offer.

It took me a number of e-mails and phone calls to DNA to get the vouchers.

Be persistent!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so far i have e-mailed DNA to see what they will say. On monday i will call the dealer and let them know they double charged me. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. $400 seems WAY to much for the 600 mi service. i was thinking around $200

·
Registered
455 Posts
From what I have been able to gather, the '02 750 did not qualify for the service vouvhers. Both Ducati of Marin and I have looked into it and that was what we found. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I would think you should be getting the 600 & 6K services. This is from DucSea's post in the "Ducati Service Vouchers" thread...

Fourth Program
June 2, 2003 thru Sept 30, 2003
All 2003 and prior NEW Ducati - 600 and 6000 only.
600 expires 6 months from date of purchase and 6000 exp in
12 months from date of sale.

Unleash the hounds :mad:

·
Registered
684 Posts
From what I have been able to gather, the '02 750 did not qualify for the service vouvhers. Both Ducati of Marin and I have looked into it and that was what we found. YMMV.
I have an '02 750. Complete with service vouchers.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hmm... maybe it was just the Darks that didn't qualify? Or maybe I just got screwed too? :-/

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
my 620ie ,2002 did not qualify ider acording to Munroe Motors. :'(

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hmm... maybe it was just the Darks that didn't qualify? Or maybe I just got screwed too? :-/
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with when you bought it. Mine was advertised with the maintanance free program. It's an '02 but I just bought it two months ago (at Monroe).

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well even if mine did qualify, I probably got screwed when the previous owner decided to keep the vouchers for himself. Ducati of Marin asked him about it when he traded it in and he said he didn't get them, but who knows? Whatever... I'll pay an extra 400 bux every now and then for the priviledge of riding my monster.

G

·
When I bought my 620 this year I was informed that ALL '02 and '03 models got free 600 and 6k services from Ducati. The 750 was never excluded in this. You are due not only a credit back from the dealer for the double charge, but a full credit back for the entire thing! There have been many posts here about dealers honoring the vouchers even when the owner hasn't received them yet. Pound on that dealer until you get satisfaction!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got a call from the dealer and he told me that i qualify for the free service for 600 and 6000 mile. ;D I also explained to him that they had ran my card 3 times to get it to work, and it charged me twice. The bank says both transfers are still "pending". So i will wait a couple more days and see if only one shows up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I never heard about free service! I just bought an ST4s and paid $350 for the 600 mile service. Can someone fill me in on these details? Thanks!

Scott

G

·
I paid 25 bucks. Yes, twenty five. I stll don't have any vouchers, but it's documented by VIN # anyway.
The deal was, if I remember correctly, all 02 and 03 purchased by june 30th receive free LABOR on the 600 and 6000mi service within the first year. You buy the materials. I paid for oil and filter.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was blown away. I brought my s4r to Desmoto in SF. '04 models arent covered with free maintenance. It came to $240. Everyone said the maintenance on the new bike would be much higher. They also got it done without an appointment, and took my daytime working hours to do it. I'll give them more business for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts