Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STUPID CAGER !!!

A stupid cager decides to stop right at the apex of the 3rd hairpin at Galstone Gorge coming from Hornsby.

I stopped the bike in time without hitting him, its just I stopped on the steep incline I had to drop the bike slowly - just a balancing issue with the bike facing down a hill ! . . . damage - scratch bar end and snapped clutch lever, but still operatable and indicator lens popped off.

What I did next was that spanish blood coming out !!

Within seconds of slowly dropping the bike on the side, I walked up to the passengers window and thumped my fists on it !!! The chic in the passenger seat got the shock of her life ! . . . but get this, within seconds of me letting off my rage ! . . . the Astra took off !!! didn't even care to see if anyone was hurt !!

Bloody idiot !!!
I have no idea why he stopped, I think it was just a typical sunday driver daydreaming !!!

It was a gentle drop, not a single scratch on the side or Termis !

So what do you guys think of the damage bill with my pic below ?
I'm not replacing the skuffed bar ends.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
mate, the road is there to share

so the car has stopped for whatever reason; right or wrong; - big deal. it's always in your best interest to look out for any possible danger regardless who might be at fault
**** happens when you travel fast, get over it

as to your question - call service dept @ frasers and thy will tell you exactly. while on the phone, ask how much for a blinker and bar ends; they're not that expensive and if i was you i'd have them replaced too, rather than ride around with rookie marks

better luck next time
cheers!

ps
do as i say not as i do ;D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny you say that Paul because in the past two weeks i've been tyre kicking and test riding on weekends.
I'm planning to sell the VTR and introduce a cousin for the Monster to share the garage space ! ;)

Aprilia Pegaso Strada 650ie :eek:

The motard bug has bitten me hard !!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sorry to hear about the drop mate :(
but as Melvin correctly says, the road is there to share.
you always need to keep your eye out for turkeys like that.
just one of those things. a bit of bad luck really.

back to your bike......... look on the positive side. take this opportunity to do a few upgrades.
go see Ron at Flywheels and get yourself a pair of adjustable levers. I saw them on Nicks bike. they look great and i believe they function just as good.
the standard bar ends look **** anyways. i scuffed mine on purpose so i could ditch them. put in an order to PJs-parts for a pair of Rizoma barends. beautiful! maybe a pair of Rizoma mirrors too?

then go to Frasers a get a set of clear indicator lenses with the orange globes. change all four.
you'll love the new look!!

there you go....... just turned a mishap into a makeover!! [cheeky]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts