Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Im Gonna start to put my new keihin fcr carbs omn my monster 900 1997!
But i was out in the garage today an notised that my OEM carbs have the preheated floatbowles and the keihins dont have this!?
How am i gonna do this?
Cause i need to remove the three way split av the "oilvalve" and i need to plug the hole in the oilcooler where the oil enters the oilcoller after passing through the carbs.
Anybody got a clue what to do? prabably the best vay is to get a straight "oilvalve" but what about the whole in the cooler?
Chris Sweden

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Nice!
I work at a restaurant in sweden called KHARMA its great fun and im a sous chef, earlier i have worked at one star restaurants and the best in Sthlm!
Mail me if you need a swedish chef and riding partner ;D

www.kharma.se

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Getting back on topic....

Most of us don't have the carb heaters.

You'll want to eliminate the valve entirely; just take the oil line into one end of the cooler and out the other. You'll be reverting to the US standard setup.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll try to put a couple of photos up tonight.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Chris,
i had to do this mod when i installed FCR's. I didn't want to block or leave that [email protected] little valve in line either.

It's fairly easy. You just buy a new Braided line that suits a monster without the heated carbs, this eliminates the valve & fit's straight on.

also order the plug (part # 77910211A) & the alloy sealing washer to suit (part # 015092280) & that plugs the spare hole at the top inside of the oil cooler & your Away, done deal!

Sorry can't remeber the part number for the braided line cause i tossed the bag, but still have the spare plug & washer on my desk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts