Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the SpeedyMoto belt "covers" on my Sport 1K. Of course they look awesome, but I wonder if I need to do any special maintenance, lubrication, etc or be cautious of anything when washing the belt area. I realize the belts themselves are OK and I wouldn't use a hi-pressure washer, but do I need to lube the belt tensioning assemblies/bearings, etc. I ask since most of this stuff was originally covered.

Thanks!
Devin

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
just don't focus the water on the bearing seals, and they will be fine. also if you have the paper mache belts you will need to upgrade those. :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Don't do as a mate did & apply tyre-shine or anything to the belts, specially WD-40 as it can penetrate seals and ruin grease/oils etc and speed up the aging of the belts. Althoug I hear the sun-screen is good for the back non toothed part. Kinda works like a leather conditioner...
Running the bike to dry it & the belts out (and causing havoc in the process) is mandatory >:D. - Chris

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys. Sounds like the normal common sense stuff.

Chris, I usually run the bike once I wash it to help dry it out, but I didn't think about the added entertainment now that the covers are off the belts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts