Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am serioulsy considering purchasing a new Monster 620 and most of my questions have been answered by this site. I still have a few questions, though.
1) How many miles does a new bike typically have?
2) Are there "options" available for bikes like there are with cars? (Is there anything I should ask for that may not be standard?)

TIA for any help!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ciao Lance !

New bike should now less than 0-5 miles IMHO.
The Zeroer the better.

Options.... You can ask a helmet, jacket, gloves etc.
You might ask all inclusive pricing out-the-door.
You might ask free 600 miles service, or 600 & 6000 services.

Or ask for some details, if not S model.

Good luck and buy it, but first practise.

Skier

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ciao Lance !

New bike should now less than 0-5 miles IMHO.
The Zeroer the better.

Options.... You can ask a helmet, jacket, gloves etc.
You might ask all inclusive pricing out-the-door.
You might ask free 600 miles service, or 600 & 6000 services.

Or ask for some details, if not S model.

Good luck and buy it, but first practise.

Skier
He pretty much covered the basic stuff. A few things I might try to get during the purchase would be a small tank or tail bag.
A small tank bag is nice to keep an extra shirt, glasses ,wallet and water. Water? Yes water. I big part of riding is too stay hydrated. People start to brain fade(day dream) when they are dehydrated. A bottle of water or gatorade will keep you on your game on those hot summer days. A nice magnetic tank bag is a great thing to have.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The two new bikes I've purchased each had two miles on the odometer.

There aren't really any options on a Monster, just add-ons. Some people work out a good deal on pipes, sprockets, and things like that. It can also be a good time to negotiate a good deal on a helmet or other riding gear if you need those things.

When I bought my new M900 back in September of 1997, I was so anxious to take possession of it that I probably wasn't even thinking straight. It was good that I had my wife along to notice a cracked turn signal lense, which was replaced before I rode off.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help!

The dealer mentioned they would give me a few percentage off gear, although their selection isn't that great. The jacket I really like was $550 (the retro jacket). It was really nice, but I was thinking of starting off with a ballistic (sp?) nylon jacket.

I never thought of having the dealer install pipes! Doesn't that void the warranty? Something to think about, though. Tank bag is another good idea.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
it's even less likly to have a warranty problem if the dealer sells you the pipes, as he is now a "partner in crime".

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Just a quick FYI - If you use DP pipes and the dealer intalls them you get a 2 year warranty on the pipes and no effect on your bikes factory warranty. If you buy DP pipes and you install them you get a 90 warranty on the pipes and still ne effect on your bikes warranty providing the pipes were installed properly.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a quick FYI - If you use DP pipes and the dealer intalls them you get a 2 year warranty on the pipes and no effect on your bikes factory warranty.

·
Registered
915 Posts
My dealer gives me 10% off on any purchase for the life of the bike--considering he also carries Vanson leathers and will special order I feel that its a pretty good deal...It also puts new Sil Moto pipes comparable to online prices ;D I just received a coupon from him for free installation of any accessories or 50% off of oil up to a case.

gnew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts