Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
So as many of you know I got my Foggy S4 last week. Upon posting and talking to a few of you about the problems you've experienced with the Foggy's, I too have found the same issues.
My ECU is the wrong one from DP.....
My Battery is the GS model (Although not leaking yet....)

I took the bike to Pro-Italia last Saturday, and they had never heard of the ECU problem with the Foggy S4.
But did agree with the battery problem all the way.

I left a message with Jer at DNA customer service (Thanks Tom) on Monday morning.
I got 2 (TWO) phone calls back from Chris in customer service that day.
The next morning Chris called Pro-Italia and authorized the work....
So to recap: Within 48 hours I received 3 phone calls from DNA and got a work authorization for my bike.....AND Chris helped me track down the "Red" key for my bike at the original dealer of sale....(WHEW!!!)

This is one of many Duc's that I've owned and this is the first one with a major warranty issue.

I know that good dealings with DNA hasn't been the case in the past, but maybe DNA has started to hear the frustration.

Chris did a GREAT job for me and I appreciate it.

(Now if the part wasn't a week away :p)

Thank you all for your feedback and help.
Rob

F

·
0 Posts
are they replacing the battery under warranty? Also find out when your warranty runs out as my 2002 ends 11/?/2001.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they are just replacing the battery, and my warranty runs out in November also.
But I think I am going to with the extended warranty since I just got the bike. (it only has 2000 miles on it)
4 years for $5 hundred something......Doesn't sound to bad.....
Rob

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
You're probably aware of this, and hopefully PI knows better, but don't let 'em replace the OEM GS with a Fiamm or another GS.

Glad to hear that somebody is getting satisfaction from DNA.
For most of us S4 owners, it's gonna be a while before their black eye goes away. For a few of us, it'll be never.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
So, why do I think it's a GC, not GS, battery that has the leakage problems? Mine was just found to be leaking, fortunately no damage. Replacing with a Yuasa....

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Rob,

I'm glad DNA is working for you. Perhaps the new CEO, Michael Locke, is already having an impact. I know in an email exchange I had with him several weeks ago, it sounded like he was quite aware of the problems within DNA, and he sounded sincere in his desire to regain "our" trust. He made it sound like he wanted to bring the image of the company up to the prestige of the brand. Improving the response and effectiveness of their customer service is a very good place to start...

I still have trouble believing PI had not heard of the Foggy ECU issue. That said, I think getting yours swapped out has been the easiest so far. And congratulations on locating the "Red Key". Amazing and very fortunate to have located it.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
no ducati dealer "knows" about a problem unless specifically authorized to "know" about a problem. understand this is a serious liability issue. and a serious moral sticking point for "ducati passionates" (see the Tech/Ducati mechanic thread). ;D ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts