Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D Sorry for poor pic, we shoulda rolled it outside, but we wanted to go ride. Patrick got his clip-ons installed, a new tire mounted, and his TBs sync'd. So we took em for a ride up to Palomar and...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I think he accepts the Guinness Card. ;D

P

·
0 Posts
I'm still smilin guys. It's like a different bike only it feels familiar. Kinda like your wife wearing a wig. Anyway, it rolls right into corners with the barest nudge and stays planted throughout. I feel more balanced and centered and lots more confident. I'm sure the tire helped also but I was so focused on the new riding position I didn't register too much. I'm sure when I become more confident I'll do my best to break it loose. My nomination for Outstanding Hooligan Of The Year goes to Ducman851 for helping me today. Thanks for the hours of wrenching and knowledge.

S

·
0 Posts
What kinda did you get? And how much were they? If my new Renthal's don't work out I might go the clip on route.

You've got a tire mounter Ducman? If you do you might have a stocked fridge from all the SoCal customers...

P

·
0 Posts
Looks like you could go into business John. Vortex clip ons, 50mm, $129 w/shipping on ebay. Good deal. Much harder to install than I thought it would be. ( like I can talk, he did all the work ) Having a garage full of tools made it much easier.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I do have tire irons and the know-how, I havent set up a holder for tire tire yet. Patrick went with the Vortex ones. Its not a straight away install there is some niggling that needs to be done and a little grinding here and there, but they work well.

Rumor has it that a Mig/Tig welder may be in thegarage by the end of may though. ;) Just dont tell my tax guy its a home thing. He may not allow the write off ;D

P

·
0 Posts
BTW, my son managed to drop my helmet as soon as I got home so I may pick up that helmet we looked at John ::)

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Most excellent Patrick!

Regards,
Rideon

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Now Ppoitras got more lean, cool ! I gotta see.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
While I do have tire irons and the know-how, I havent set up a holder for tire tire yet.
-----------snip-------------------
A holder for the tire ???
I just use a milk crate....
;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 30 gal drum that will be modified to work as a holder. I wrap the rim with heater hose zip tied on and a 4x4 screwed in about 2 ft down in the center with a piece of all thread bolted to it in the center of the drum, and a large washer and modified nut to hold the tire secure to the rim. Then its just a bead breaker thats next.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now Ppoitras got more lean, cool ! I gotta see.
Oh hes draggin the mufflers hard now. I gotta get him his new Arrow High mounts and get em installed.

R

·
0 Posts
I have a 30 gal drum that will be modified to work as a holder. I wrap the rim with heater hose zip tied on and a 4x4 screwed in about 2 ft down in the center with a piece of all thread bolted to it in the center of the drum, and a large washer and modified nut to hold the tire secure to the rim. Then its just a bead breaker thats next.
hmmm sounds familiar.....

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey we all worked hard on that Idea. still got a shirt with that green paint on it too :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts