Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a powercommander for my 02 620ie, powercommanders web site says that their units only fit 03-present bikes. FBF says it will fit my bike as long as it is a fuelie. Is this true or do they not make one for an02?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
The PCIII for the 02 is actually for a different year/displacement bike. Get the unit from FBF, it will fit up with what's on the bike. Can't say too much for the maps supplied by FBF.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I haven't ever used FBF. But they seem like a pretty serious speed shop. They are sponsoring bikes in top level AMA next year. I think it's safe to say they are pretty legit. Side note, most places will cut you a deal on the unit and Dyno tuning combined.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
The part number on the FBF provided PCIII on my '02 620 is: 716-410 after that is reads: "for 716-411". The 716-411 part number is listed on the Power Comander site as the PC for a 2003-2004 Monster 800Sie

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what model do i need a 719-411 or a 716-411. I was also told the boxes are the same for the monsters but the maps installed are different.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Like I said before, just order the unit from FBF. If it's in stock, they should have it to you in less then a week. The maps they provide are for different exhaust and airbox setups.

The Power Commander site does not list the '02 620 but, the box provided by FBF mates up with the connectors on the bike and works. I don't know if FBF does anything to the PC. If they don't you may be able to use the PC from the 800 Sie.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the whole reason why I am asking is i can buy if off ebay for 70 bucks less not counting shipping to WI, but I want to make sure I buy the right fitting module the map is easy to solve. FBF only gives you the stock map anyways. tech support suggests you go to a shop and get it tuned. Why pay extra for the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
just buy the cheaper USB III you find, and take it to get custom mapped for YOUR bike, it's worth to spend the extra to get your bike dynotuned, forget the canned maps even bikes with the same set-ups will be different. I used a PC for an 800 on my 620, and will dynotune/custom map it again after I swap in my 900 engine this winter.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for the input just ordered one for an 03-up 620 ie for 260 off ebay.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think they may be referring to manufacture year (look on the sticker on your bike). My 2002 900ie was manufactured in 2001.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.