Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to these and was looking into getting one...Just wanted to know if anyone could help me out and let me know which model/type of power commander I should get for my 02 750S...and what I can prob expect in terms of pricing...

Thanks a bunch!! Can't wait to start riding again!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just curious... why do u need power commander?. Did you have any engine work done on ur bike to optimize the performance?. If all u have is stratified cans they work pretty well with stock map. For that matter most of the slip-ons do. power commander then seems like waste of money to me unless u go to high comp kit or open ur airbox etc. Also I heard.. definitely not FHE that the map u get with power commander is not completely suited to ur duc and u have to come up with ur own or borrow someone else.
So just food for thought... do u need powercommander?.
Also u have other options in that area FIM chips.
Anil

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey atatinen..I hear wat u're sayin...I was just curious b/c I am planning on opening the airbox sometime soon...but I do not plan on changing the pipes...so I guess if there's a way around re-tweaking the bike to adjust for the airbox, then I def won't go the route of the PCIII...Thanks for the help

·
Registered
403 Posts
If it aint broke........
Seriously though, most all bikes come thru in a lean running condition. If you feel your bike surging (usually easy to tell on a highway at a steady speed) that would be a reason to do it.
If you install a full exhaust system would be another reason.
Even just slip-ons.

Of course with engine mods.

But if it is stock I would leave it alone.

My other bike (Yamaha FZ1) was so lean from the factory I could not stand riding on the highway and that was with stock pipes.

On my monster I had no trouble until I installed a slip-ons, then I would get popping out the exhaust when decellerating.
The dealer was able to do something with the fuel injection to make it run richer (not a PCIII) and it runs great, no popping.

I will not be installing a PCIII, not nec. for me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
that is correct. Some years of Duc and some models of duc have reflashable chips. In my case I have 01 M900SIE which does have one of those. So if I end up doing any engine mods I was told I wouldnt need to get a PC3 or FIM chip. So before you invest ur money in PC3 I would check that factor too!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts