Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the power commander III override the rev-limitter on the 02 MS4 and allow the bike to rev to 10k? I want to put on full pipes and open the air cleaner. I am looking for options instead of the Ducati Performance Kit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
No, from what I understand, PowerCommander only changes fuel injection... Only way to change rev limit is Ducati, or FIM Ultimap (or is it utilimap?) Anyway, if you do a search on here for FIM, there are plenty of threads about it and a web site for them... i think Australia. FIM is alot of $$$ though...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
02S4 is correct, PC III only allows adjustment of the fuel mapping.

FIM UltiMap allows control of nearly everything, AFAIK, fuel map, rev limit, and ignition timing, maybe more as well. Good stuff, and you get what you pay for.

If you count the cost of the dyno-tune, FIM unit is about double the cost of the PC III. You can adjust the mapping on a PC III with your PC, FIM unit can only be adjusted by those with the software, which is really big bucks.

aldo, I don't know where you reside, but there are only a few places in the US that can tweak the FIM unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts