Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently contacted Fast by Feracci when I heard they had a power commander installed on a S4R with full exhaust system.

After a couple of days without a reply I received the following this morning :

"You would need to order part number F44525. It's the same Power
Commander
for the standard S4.
Ciao,
Victor M. Castaneda Jr."

Now is it me or does that not make any sense since the s4 is a 916 motor and the S4R is a 996 motor?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Well, thats some info at least. A small confirmation that the same PCIII will work on an S4 as well as the S4R. A few of us here have been wondering if that was possible.

In response to your question, the S4R ECU likely has a different map from the S4 ECU, to account for the different engine. If the injectors and throttle potentiometers are the same parts between the S4 and S4R, the same PCIII should be OK.

The PCIII just allows you to modify the signals that get sent to the injectors, the map in the ECU is still the 'base' that the PCIII modifies from.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The PC just adds or subtracts from the STD map that is in the OE ECU,So if you put an unprogrammed PC on the bike it will do nothing at all untill you map it on the dyno and make your own map,,All PC`s for MV`s come like this (empty) as it appears MV can not make or set up two bikes the same,It`s probably far better mapping your own anyway.This also means Ulti-maps reprogrammable ECU for the S4 will also fit....

G

·
Victor is a good guy. I have sold him many pictures on his Monster at track days. Time to order a Power Comander.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts