Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a power commander for a 2002 m 750 and a 748 be the same except for the map? I think both use the 5.9 ecu thx

G

·
I was looking to get my wife a 02 M750 a while back, and called Power Commander on this same issue. They told me they didn't have one for the M750 and didn't recommend using a different model... I do know Ferracci offers one though.

We did eventually get my wife an 02 620, (which PC doesn't make a unit for either) and ordered a Ferracci unit for it. It was a bit more expensive,(MSRP) but they did gaurentee it to work...and it does. (They will also build you maps depending on what mods you add in the future)

Hope this helps..

G

·
PC doesnt have a map for it and still doesnt. FBF does. My unit has the code sticker for a 998 and even had the 998 map. Apparently someone forgot to re-map when it went out the door.

The pciii has just 4 wires, two for injectors, a throttle position wire and ground. In theory if the injector inteface is the same the pciii should work on any bike given a proper map.

so far it seems to work fine on my bike but i've not done any real riding on it yet.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
The wiring plugs may be different, and the injectors and throttle position sensor may have different electrical characteristics, resistance and impedance and such.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts