Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the Power Commander software works on Mac OS X as well as Windows. I didn't see an option for it on their website.

I guess I could install Windows if need be....

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Email their tech dept. through their website.

My experience has been prompt and accurate replies.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ducati_Steve said:
I was just wondering if the Power Commander software works on Mac OS X as well as Windows. I didn't see an option for it on their website.

I guess I could install Windows if need be....
Let us know how this works out. I would be interested to know.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, we have a few core duo's at our house....I'll probably end up installing XP on the Mini.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I hear parallels is great stuff, and boot camp is not so great. I'm still in the Mac dark ages though.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
chipazzo said:
I hear parallels is great stuff, and boot camp is not so great. I'm still in the Mac dark ages though.
i don't think bootcamp has enough features to actually be considered "not so great". it's like a lightswitch, it either works or it doesn't.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
yup. bootcamp you boot (duh...) into one or the other; it's an xp machine or it's an osx machine. not exactly problematic.

parallels is nice cuz you can run xp in a window on top of osx but without the hell of vpc.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I was about to put bot camp in for a firend that just got a mini. Somebody else talked me out of it. Lots of problems w/ drivers & .dll files. Real buggy. Paralells has none of that, works in connjunction with X and, runs quick and smooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts