Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking for a reasonably priced replacement for the $300 OEM fuel pump. Although we ended up getting the CA Cycleworks pump we spent some time at pep boys looking through all of their fuel pumps and found a potential match. what we found was the Carter P72241. price was $136 at pep boys, and the pump alone is $50 on ebay. the strainer dimensionally correct but the orientation was off by 90 deg, which is no big deal. the pump is a walbro GSS310, rated at 115 LPH which should be more than enough for a 60hp monster 620. there were also some with the GSS239 which is a 190 LPH, which would be more than enough.

dimensionally, the metal body was slightly longer ~5mm, but since the rubber sleeve is, well, rubber you can adjust where it ends up. the overall length was the same and it had the same connections including the intake filter, which could be reused if needed.

the only other option we found was the BORIC DRB405, although we couldnt get a price, it would be an exact replacement for the BOSCH 0 580 453 408. also used in a Alfa or Fiat PN:7789626.

Hopefully this will help someone else with a cheaper option

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update: we canceled the CA pump and ordered a walbro gss310, stay tuned. Now if i can only find someone who actually carries 30R10 fuel line (NAPA) and actually stocks it.

from some research it looks like the bosch part is rated at [email protected], i am currently trying to confirm this with bosch

also it looks like the hyundai sonata, tiburon... fuel pump is visually a closer fit, but is rated at 160LPH. Its better to stick with something rated at close to the same flow rate so you don't surpass the capacity of the regulator. Also the more and faster the fuel flows, the more it gets heated up from the resistance in the system. Also the HFFS-382 pump on ebay.

denso seems to also have a fuel pump in the same configuration used in the dodge talon non turbo

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
for the fuel pump strainer, the 97-02 ford E150-E350 rear tank filter looks like a match. its delphi FS0109. $15 - NAPA

Napa had the line, H209, $22 per foot (ouch).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New pump works great. I had to clean out the return line because it was completely varnished shut, but once i got the tank cleaned up it worked great.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
For Australian Monster owners the equivalent pump can be found at Repco. The have it listed for a 1.8L SOHC Ford Laser KF (03/90 - 09/91).

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the only source I could find regarding a replacement fuel pump strainer. Unfortunately, I could not source the Delphi FS0109 from raceratb's post. It's listed on a lot of sites, but not in stock. In case anyone else is needing a new strainer, I believe I found a replacement; Denso 952-0046. I've placed an order and will report back after it comes in.

[edit]
If it helps, I needed this for an '03 M620.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts