Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved from Oct 21 thread

mjlandy said:
I am thinking of a quick jaunt (Plan A) through Bear mtn (106-Pallisades, maybe Perkins, Tioriati over to 17 - back and repeat...)

Or - plan B for those with more time - up to Port Jervis and back (never been there myself so it will be new to me)

I like the look of the Fort Montgomery to Port Jervis ride on http://www.desmoducati.org/rideroute-2006.05.21.html

Any other ideas - I'm open... ;)

I need to ride....

Mark

·
Registered
137 Posts
Weather is looking good for Sunday. I'd like to join you guys.

I'll be coming from Queens.

Mark, you're by Highland Falls, right? Did you want to start on Bear Mnt. or Tiorati Circle? And about what time did you want to start? 10, 11ish?

I can meet up with any southerners at some rest/gas station spot on the northerly route of... the PIP, I guess. Should take me about an hour to run up there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k said:
Weather is looking good for Sunday. I'd like to join you guys.

I'll be coming from Queens.

Mark, you're by Highland Falls, right? Did you want to start on Bear Mnt. or Tiorati Circle? And about what time did you want to start? 10, 11ish?

I can meet up with any southerners at some rest/gas station spot on the northerly route of... the PIP, I guess. Should take me about an hour to run up there.
Actually I am in Montvale NJ with easy access to Bear Mt.

I had wanted to go to High point or Port Jervis - never been there before

- Bear Mt and 106 round there is my usual trip so I can meet at the PIP gas, or up by Tiorati -

I am figuring Tiorati by 9:00 AM - that way we get some good time in.

We could also meet up around 8:15 or so at state line lookout - Exit 2 on the PIP - its got a coffee shop and lots of bikes meet there.

Ride up 9W - head over to Port Jervis - hit 97 - lunch - then - Maybe down through 23 - Highpoint state park, Greenwood lake, roughly that way

Anyone with more together routes are welcome - by Friday I should have it nailed down - got my Garmin GPS and Mapsource right here in front of me....

G

·
Boys and girls...Saturday's weather (10/28) is a definite no go. 100% chance of r**n in some of the better riding areas. Sunday seems to be the best day however, the last GP is on as well. I don't plan on missing it. Maybe a quick scoot in the am and then haul ass to wherever I decide to watch GP. Anyways, that's my agenda for the weekend.

-E

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bar Matchless in Brooklyn, Eric.

Weekend GP races shown every Monday night at 8pm.

The weekends are made for riding. ;)

G

·
Gentlemen...I have both DVR and live Dorna access. Believe me...the DVR was set to record weeks ago. ;D I just want to watch the US broadcast somewhere other than my home, egging on Rossi and Melandri fans, wearing an "I hate Pedrosa" t-shirt, all the while sipping on a brew and enjoying good company. So with all that said...I'm still down to ride, just not all day. Fellas...post up when the routes and meeting times are definite. I am tentatively in...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Possible Sunday Ride....Oct 29 - TIMES

Got the route worked out - its a hybrid of the Desmo Port Jervis ride

Refer to it here http://www.desmoducati.org/rideroute-2006.05.21.html

Sunday
8:15 AM PIP North - exit 2 - State line lookout rd / park - coffee etc -
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM depart - Tiorati Circle - alternat meet up

route begins through 9W, then to Rock Tavern, over to Port Jervis through backroads, (97 by the river for a bit) early lunch/break port jervis diner

Then on through 6 and cr-1, to 17A through Greenwood lake

Details forthcoming with roads etc - I have it in the Garmin - want to make sure it routes well - I will upload a sheet and the Garmin file for those who have.

You could break off at Ft Montgomery, Rock Tavern, and even hit 17 South anywhere in between Rock Tavern to Port Jervis.

At Port Jervis you could head right down 23 to slab it home -

I think the whole thing will be wrapping up around 1 or 2

Text & PDF versions are attached

Should be a good day !

Mark

You can download the Garmin MPS file here - http://homepage.mac.com/mjlandy/FileSharing14.html
You can download the Excel file here - http://homepage.mac.com/mjlandy/FileSharing15.html

NOTE - I am pretty sure we roll back the clocks this weekend too....

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
eRacer777 said:
Boys and girls...Saturday's weather (10/28) is a definite no go. 100% chance of r**n in some of the better riding areas. Sunday seems to be the best day however, the last GP is on as well. I don't plan on missing it. Maybe a quick scoot in the am and then haul ass to wherever I decide to watch GP. Anyways, that's my agenda for the weekend.

-E
hola,

GPwise: i got a motogp subscrpt. and usually watch everything on line.. however, would love to watch it on real screen somwhere.. any ideas on a bar in NYC or vicinities?
Ridewise: if it rains heavy saturday - the leaves will be wet .... i know yall are monsters, but carefull outhere!
(i would like to join yall, but to be at PIP by 8:15am is a MURDER - i would just have to stay up all nite )

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
TTMonster said:
I might be down as well... What time and where did you have in mind to meet??
Just got tickets to the Giants game... Looks like the ride is a no go for me, but ill think about while enjoying dogs and brews in the parking lot. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:eek:
BRRRRR!!!!

I just road in to work to test out my GPS routing (works nice!)

But - holy cr*p was it cold -

Defenitely will need cold weather grear. Good thing I got the gloves and vest installed....

I will look at the weather report and maybe modify the route accordingly - but lets keep hope going.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Possible Sunday Ride....Oct 29 UPDATE

OK folks - weather calls for strong winds and a HIGH (yes HIGH) of 37 by 1PM in PJ. :-X

I think this would be more of an iron-but test than a nice ride in the fall -

I am still up for a jaunt around Bear early in the AM - and back -

Lets hold this route for warmer days

Mark

G

·
Screw it...I'll stay local and hit the reservation. Thanks for at least trying. Catch you folks on the next one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts