Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2009 Monster 1100 to possibly buy.
Mint condition, adult owned, garage kept. 8500 miles. Custom paint and graphics. Aftermarket seat and exhaust. Red Chain, crash bobbins, tinted windscreen, Dunlop Q-3's. 7500 mi service complete. Carbon fiber inner rear fender, tank cover, dry clutch cover, air box inlets. Many red anodized pieces.
They want $5600. i'll offer $5000.
Are these bikes bullet proof ?? What kind of problems should I look for ?? I WILL ask for service history !! Heard this is vital !!

Here's a pic: https://images.craigslist.org/00606_gKe7ExSh68S_600x450.jpg

Thanks for any help or advice. Leon

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have the EVO with 19k miles. I've had some premature maintenance issues, but nothing I couldn't handle at home: chain stretched, starter died, stator died, kick stand switch died. The only issue was that the last 3 happened on the road and I was stranded.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have that same bike, 27k miles runs like a champ. No major issues for me, but dealer maintenance is a bit spendy $. Love mine!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know where you are located, but that seems like an excellent price for the bike. It should be quite reliable. Ask if he changed the front sprocket to 14T - these bikes are geared quite tall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts