Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next in my line of tech questions (hopefully someone will actually answer this):

I'm switching from the old style triple-mounted choke to the newer bar style. I've got the piece, but don't know where it attaches. Doesn't appear to have any tightening method, appear to sit flush between right bar components (throttle/starter/front brake).

Can someone give me mounting details?
Dion

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Ummmm.

I should know this.

I seem to recall that there's a fine-pitch machine screw that attaches it to the left side control group.

I R&R'ed it when changing to clip-ons and that's the best I can remember.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, thought it mounted on the right bar. Don, is there any way you can check for me? I'd appreciate it.
Dion

·
Registered
117 Posts
on my 2000 m750 choke sits on the left bar between the grip and clutch master cylinder. Choke assembly has a little nub that fits into matching opening on clutch master cylinder

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.
Dion

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I was sure MTM's avatar was an Audi S4!

As for the choke location, there's no doubt that it's on the left side bar! I may be unsure of how it is secured, but I know which hand operates the control every morning ;)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I'm sure [smiley=shocked.gif]

Lotsa ponies, lotsa torque, big fat tires and RWD.... I'm too old for that sh!t.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
OK, missed the snow and obviously my glasses need cleaning,

but

We don't drive cobra's in the snow (which we rarely see in the carolina's)

And , you're never too old.....

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Ah. I'm only familiar with the '99 (can't get any newer than that and still have a carby 900).

Screwed to the switchgear.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
DOH!

I was looking at my choke lever while riding in to work today (should be looking at traffic, shouldn't I).

I noticed that the thing is screwed to the clutch bracket. My bad.

When Chris said early/late, I assumed he was talking about early/late carby's...since FI bikes don't, strictly speaking, have chokes ;D

Anyway, that's what I get for posting from memory. If it hadn't rained all friggin' month, I would have been able to go out to the parking lot to look at my bike.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, after staring at it, it became pretty obvious how it mounts. Still, I spent ?$30 at the shop for the new bracket and cable. You'd think they would've included the two little set screws to attach the damn thing. Oh, but no. Anyone happen to know the size of the screws (long shot)?
dion

1 - 15 of 15 Posts