Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to say my prized possession is looking for a new owner. It's a 1999 M750 dark, all stock w/ the addition of a tach and carbon wind screen. Mint and always garaged w/ only 4500 miles. For pics or info email me at [email protected].

My love for Monsters started back when the model first arrived. Mine has been great to me, but my interests have changed. I used to prefer the short blasts around town, but now want a cruiser that I can spend all weekend riding w/ my girlfriend on the back. I'm also a tall drink of water and want a bike to stretch out on. So, exit the Monster and enter the V-rod.

·
Registered
44 Posts
my loser ex-boyfriend has a v-rod. They are nice bikes, if cruising is your style. How can you go wrong with that bike? You can upgraded to Brembo brakes and porsche designed the motor!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
semi-threadjack**

The V-rod is a good "compromise " cruiser......

It has power - handles OK - a fork brace and some front springs/upgraded shocks really help.

I have the VRSC-D Nightrod with mid controls - I could not handle the front control location.

The VRSC-R is the Streetrod with mids, inverted forks, and more ground clearance & what I would've bought except for the screamin' deal I got on the D.

I am always grinding the pegs when the road twists a bit.

Still kinda heavy - but what Harley isn't?

**back to selling your Monster

·
Registered
930 Posts
HD designed the motor. It came from the VR1000 racer that was a complete flop.

HD couldn't get the thing to cool correctly with all the millions they have, so they hired a well known Engineering company called Porsche. Porsche took the project in and made it work.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Ah the great drag old threads up as a witty prank on the DML so we can laugh about it on a different forum trick. pull my finger.

ahahahahahahaha.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Statler said:
Ah the great drag old threads up as a witty prank on the DML so we can laugh about it on a different forum trick. pull my finger.

ahahahahahahaha.
I feel so used.......... ::)

Didn't notice the original post date.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts