Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here planning to go to Port Dover on Friday the 13th?

I'm taking the afternoon off of work and heading down for the day. Should be cool. Assuming weather cooperates that is.

I expect to see some other Duc's out and about ;)

Here is the official website for those who don't know about it: http://www.pd13.com/

Take it easy,
Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did it, I went =D

Got hit by snow, hail, and rain and the way there...but not too much. Ride back was pretty dry, but crisp.

Didn't see a single other Ducati there :-[

G

·
Is it any fun? On the website it looks like its all HD's and I am not 50+ yet (just joking).

Anyways, I am itching to put in some miles. Are there any cool routes from Toronto or do you just jump on the highway?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah it is mostly cruisers, before the cops started stopping everybody before you get into town it was fun to strafe a few of them. There are a few groups of sportbikes, but it's no sportbike rally. Lots of fun routes coming from T.O. run through Grimsby go south and hang a right go south west lots of fun roads, the popular ones will be filled with frill leather jackets but you will find some cool roads nonetheless.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I`ll probably be going, if the weathers good. However there is also a Friday the 13th in July this year So I may just wait till then. Port Dover is a fun ride just about any weekend.. If you go, head to the Erie Beach Hotel / Resteraunt.. Best fish and chips / Cellery bread, this side of Killarney . [thumbsup]

G

·
thean said:
Anyone here planning to go to Port Dover on Friday the 13th?
If its dry and above 5 (which it should be) I will check it out.
Any suggestions on what to do when once I get there? I've never been to this event (or this part of Ontario) before.

·
Registered
30 Posts
sweet695 said:
If its dry and above 5 (which it should be) I will check it out.
Any suggestions on what to do when once I get there? I've never been to this event (or this part of Ontario) before.
There`s lot`s to do when you get there. There are kiosks set up in the park that is sort of cool to walk through. Theye also have out-door bars set up that usually have some decent bands playing (i saw an AC/DC tribute band there a few years back that was decent). Lot`s of cool bikes to look at, just take a walk around, you`ll find something. There are definatly more cruisers than sport bikes though. I know of crews from Kitchener and London that are geared to go (all sportbikes, a few duc`s... no Monsters though) I think I`m skipping this one though, I`ll be to the one in July. Have Fun!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
;D
Hello everyone !
We have an alternative to Friday the 13th ,
We call it F-THE 13th !
I have a small motorcycle Cafe up in Utterson ,Ontario .
Utterson is between Huntsville and Bracebridge in Muskoka area .
www.the141cafe.com
Our web site has directions for everyone as well as some pics of the Cafe ,before and after as well as some of the rides from last year that stopped in .
My wife and I both ride ,I have a Triumph Daytona 1200 Streetfighter ,My wife is on a Trophy 1200 this year .
So if you are up our way this season drop in and say high .
Cheers Toz
;D

G

·
brad the lad said:
6 celcius and raining I doubt if I will bother
I woke up and there is light snow cover on the grass, roads are cold, wet and slick. Not much fun so I will defer and wait for drier (and hopefully warmer) conditions. Too bad. Anyways I will head to the Toronto Motor show this week-end.

G

·
Toz said:
;D
Hello everyone !
We have an alternative to Friday the 13th ,
We call it F-THE 13th !
I have a small motorcycle Cafe up in Utterson ,Ontario .
Utterson is between Huntsville and Bracebridge in Muskoka area .
www.the141cafe.com
Our web site has directions for everyone as well as some pics of the Cafe ,before and after as well as some of the rides from last year that stopped in .
My wife and I both ride ,I have a Triumph Daytona 1200 Streetfighter ,My wife is on a Trophy 1200 this year .
So if you are up our way this season drop in and say high .
Cheers Toz
;D
Sweet! Thanks for the tip. I am in that part of Ontario 2x each year (Spring/Fall). I will try to drop by on my upcoming trip - but I will be in my car with my hiking gear and my dog.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The 141 Cafe could be a cool Monster trip once the sleds are truly put away up there. Lets let the weather dictate but try to make a run of it in a Month or two? Anyone else up for some carving and food maybe even get brave and pile down Muskoka 13 again ( I think thats what that scary road was). A few of my buddies and I did about 8-9 years ago (I think it was on the way back from the sportbike rally before it began to suck) it ended just North of Washago. Blind cornered sand strewn roller coaster gut check. (nah maybe not)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.