Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys:
This is about the last straw. I took my bike to get serviced at an Oakville area Ducati dealer. During the service they buggered the clip on the air box and in the process chipped my frame to the metal. Now the dealer wants to touch it up with paint.
Can you paint a powder coated frame???? Will this cause problems down the road?????
:mad:

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Don't know about your question for sure, but it could help if you re-titled the topic with "Service accident: Can you paint a powdercoated frame?". You will probably get an answer faster, rather than people skipping it because they just think it is complaining about yet another place.

You "can" paint a powder coated frame, but it is not the same at all.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
are the new frames powdercoated? i was under the impression everything was still painted

in any case, powdercoat is basically the same thing as paint anyways, so touch up paint is fine

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Dude!! I have been in there a few times but they don't seem a lot like motorcycle people. I take my bike to Inglis Cycle in London, where I bought it and the service is top notch.

·
Registered
969 Posts
C Fresh said:
Don't know about your question for sure, but it could help if you re-titled the topic with "Service accident:
Perhaps more people would read his post if it had a different title but I would not call it an "accident." Negligence perhaps, poor workmanship, carelessness...I don't know but accident just sounds to gracious to describe such a lame brain action.

Those airbox clips are simple to use...it had to take a real idiot to botch up such a simple part of the job...and this same person was adjusting his Desmo valves??? Scary!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Not the first time that they have been named on this board for service issues.
Outside of Ducati Toronto and Inglis would not bring my bike to any of the others , only here complaints from others

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I've only been into Peninsula Imports (Ducati Oakville) once and left with a bad feeling. As a result, I ended up buying my 06 S2R800 Dark at GP Bikes in Ajax Ontario. I just returned from my first service there and couldn't be happier. Ken (the Duc mechanic) seems to know his stuff and was great.

My only complaint is that their service and retail locations are in different places --- couldn't shop while I was waiting for my bike. But maybe that was a good thing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts