Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Poor S4R Gas Mileage?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Rideon 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have about 250 miles on my S4R and I've filled it up twice. Each time the fuel light started coming on every 85 miles. Is this because it's still getting broken in? I'm not doing 100 mph everywhere I go either. Any viable answer is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

G
#3 ·
I get typically 120 miles off of her before the light comes on. I ride in a higher rpm than most though. I always hate feeling like I am "bogging" the engine so I keep the engine humming. You mileage should improve though...Take her through her paces and break her in proper.

#6 ·
I try not to wait until the light comes on, but I have noticed it come on at 85 or so if I've done a lot of city riding. In the canyons and country roads I usually get 35-40 mpg. I did 60 miles at the track yesterday and got about 38mpg.

#7 ·
Yeah same story aqui. Don't get that great of milage. Always reving it up and spinning the tire around town. It is alot of fun to grab a hand full of throttle while going over those big white pedestrian lines though aint it? Never really had better than 85. But then again I don't do much below 100 out of the city. God Bless Spain is all I can say.

#8 ·
It must be that nerve in my right arm. I'm going to get that looked at...ok, maybe not.

I'm hoping the mileage gets better, and I'm sure it will. I just don't want to be stopping all the time to fill up, especially when I live around highways. I don't want to find out how long the time span is from "fuel light on" to <cough, sputter, cough, thhhhpppbpbpbpttttt>.

#10 ·
same here...I do a lot of stop and go riding and average about 35 mpg.

#11 ·
I get a low of 28, once 26, and after the last $2243. tune with cam degree, (yes , that is not a typo) I get 33 mpg. (2002 S4) Balz, the owner of the local Ducati boutique, gets 28 mpg on his 916, but his bike inexplicably has 5 more hp than the usual 916.

Maybe the factory made the same mistake on your bike? :D

Rideon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.