Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have about 250 miles on my S4R and I've filled it up twice. Each time the fuel light started coming on every 85 miles. Is this because it's still getting broken in? I'm not doing 100 mph everywhere I go either. Any viable answer is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
668 Posts
After 600 miles service it should get a bit better.

The main reason is the thin line attaching the needforspeedandkickasstorque nerve from Your head to Your right hand wrist.

Skier

G

·
I get typically 120 miles off of her before the light comes on. I ride in a higher rpm than most though. I always hate feeling like I am "bogging" the engine so I keep the engine humming. You mileage should improve though...Take her through her paces and break her in proper.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I get the light coming on at 103 miles. If I pull over right then it takes 2.6 gallons to top off.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I try not to wait until the light comes on, but I have noticed it come on at 85 or so if I've done a lot of city riding. In the canyons and country roads I usually get 35-40 mpg. I did 60 miles at the track yesterday and got about 38mpg.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah same story aqui. Don't get that great of milage. Always reving it up and spinning the tire around town. It is alot of fun to grab a hand full of throttle while going over those big white pedestrian lines though aint it? Never really had better than 85. But then again I don't do much below 100 out of the city. God Bless Spain is all I can say.

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It must be that nerve in my right arm. I'm going to get that looked at...ok, maybe not.

I'm hoping the mileage gets better, and I'm sure it will. I just don't want to be stopping all the time to fill up, especially when I live around highways. I don't want to find out how long the time span is from "fuel light on" to <cough, sputter, cough, thhhhpppbpbpbpttttt>.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Don't trust the light either way. Figure out your average mileage, then use that to decide when to fill.

It must be that nerve in my right arm.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
same here...I do a lot of stop and go riding and average about 35 mpg.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I get a low of 28, once 26, and after the last $2243. tune with cam degree, (yes , that is not a typo) I get 33 mpg. (2002 S4) Balz, the owner of the local Ducati boutique, gets 28 mpg on his 916, but his bike inexplicably has 5 more hp than the usual 916.

Maybe the factory made the same mistake on your bike? :D

Rideon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts