Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the average fuel mileage a 2003 620ie should be getting??? I had my low fuel light come on WELL under 100 miles and when I stopped to check it around 25 miles later it seemed to be very empty. I called the dealer and they told me it is probably the way I am riding but I seriously doubt that. The bike isn't even broken in so I have not been on it hard at all. If anyone has a rough idea please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2004 620ie. I have been riding pretty regular to and from work. I ride pretty conservatively. I get about 150-160 miles on the trip before my light comes on. When I fill up the tank it takes roughly 3 gallons. I'd say I was getting anywhere from 45-50mpg. Check where you are filling the tank to as well. The manual says to fill to just at the base of the filler neck and no higher. From a tank that's showing the low fuel light, I would think that you would be able to put in just under three gallons. Apart from that, unless the bike is running real rough and you can diagnose some other problem. I'd say have the dealer look at it for you. You might have a bad fuel warning light. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I found that my gas mileage sucked during my break-in period. Basically you're never getting into a peak power band, so any time you accelerate you're putting a pretty decent load on the engine. During break-in I was generally fillin up between 90-110 miles. Now that the bike is over a year old and has over 13k on the clock it's usually in the 120-140 range...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great! Thatis exactly what I am getting. It has been driving me nuts and I had a feeling that was the reason but I wanted to hear it from someone else that experienced it as well. Thank you very much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts