Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone read about the police op this past Sunday in the Mercury News? Helicoptor + many officers on Hwy 9 (re: my comments posted somewhere on here regarding what was posted on the BARF board)... they nabbed a lot of bikes and impounded 1 cage. They also arrested 1 rider for blowing through the checkpoint.

Article 1
Article 2 (#2 is almost identical)

Read more info about the op...

The CHP will continue the crackdown on Highway 1 on Monday and then on Highway 17 on July 30, when CHP officers from the San Jose area will join the effort.

Santa Cruz-area officers have access to two CHP airplanes and a helicopter based in Paso Robles.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Maybe we should all invest in a Winchells franchise in that vacant building across from Alice's. With this much interest in our own backyard, we'd make a killing!

Or else a YMCA!
'You can find them at the Y.M.C.A...'

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Daffe said:
Did anyone read about the police op this past Sunday in the Mercury News? Helicoptor + many officers on Hwy 9 (re: my comments posted somewhere on here regarding what was posted on the BARF board)... they nabbed a lot of bikes and impounded 1 cage. They also arrested 1 rider for blowing through the checkpoint.

Article 1
Article 2 (#2 is almost identical)

Read more info about the op...

The CHP will continue the crackdown on Highway 1 on Monday and then on Highway 17 on July 30, when CHP officers from the San Jose area will join the effort.

Santa Cruz-area officers have access to two CHP airplanes and a helicopter based in Paso Robles.
Both those links are now dead. Any update?

·
Registered
556 Posts
The original posts were from July 2003 DQ... Did you do a search on something?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I know there are supposed to be lots of police enforcing 680.. On BARF I'm reading about lots of people seeing cars and bikes getting impounded on the freeways... Time to slow it up out there :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Daffe said:
what's the start-up cost for those joints?
lots of dough you nut :police:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts