Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone interested in possibly starting a psudo polarbear(polarmonster) ride. Kind of like the crazies that jump in freezing cold rivers, lakes , etc. We could ride in the winter and we've already had some cold ones here in PA. I know riding in the cold is nothing new but a bunch of Monsters all at once could be sweet! What do you all think of this idea? I live in Harrisburg PA so any of you locals let me know. Anyone not local, if you like the idea and do it send pics.If I get this off the ground I'll try to post pics as well.Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
620iered, I'm in the Philadelphia area, I ride all winter, but not in the snow. Weds. I rode to work, it was 18 degrees out and 32 when I came home!! I do use Widder electric vest and gloves tho. My husband and I try to keep them going all winter.He doesn't ride to work tho. and he has a Harley. I have a Harley and a Monster!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool, sorry no pun intended. I'm on carpool duty for one of my coworkers. I can't ride to work. Bummer. I need to get some better winter gear. I use my bicycle gear, it actually works. Gotta go.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
It took us many rides in cold weather thru out the years to finally find good cold weather gear that really works. The one thing we never go without in cold weather is the Widder electric gear!!!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I know what you mean about giving in to winter. There is nothing like winter riding. Monday if the weather cooperates, I'll be out. I have the day off so it should give me a good day to ride. I know my hands will freeze though , but I don't care. I will check out those site you recommended. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
If you get the Widder electric, you'll wonder how you rode without it!! No more cold hurting hands!!! ;D rode to work today it was 22 degrees, my hands were warm. Had to take off the gloves to get gas and in just that short time they were cold and aching, but put the Widder back on and they were fine! :)

G

·
I have my vest on order now. I ride to work at night and its not too bad. But the 6am ride home is always killer.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Dennis, you will love it, the gloves are great too!! ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts