Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its been hashed to death. I searched and read ALL the stuff - can't find anything having to do specifically with the M900ie. Mine's an '00 model - I ordered from Chris @ CaCycleworks and even he seems unsure which filter fits this model. So here's the deal: it looks as though ru1070 would fit directly on the throttle bodies, but I'm not sure the flange angle (rear cyl) will clear the battery box/etc. Ru1750 has larger flange ID, so might fit over the airhorns/velocity stacks better, but the filter overall is smaller and I'm not sure the stock air horn would fit inside. HELP! If anyone has done this on this model I would appreciate whatever tips/info you can share, also anything re: battery box mods, remounting the electrical stuff attached to it, etc. Thanks! - Tom

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
I have a 2000 900Sie, as well, and opted not to make this mod (at this time). Mainly, because no one could tell me if the bike would run the same without adding a Power Commander, which I didn't want to add. Some said it would run okay, some said it wouldn't. Consider a PCIII in your plans, is my advice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm currently running open air box, PCIII w/ downloaded program, FBF full system exhaust. What I want to do is add the pods and ceramic coat the exhaust, then get a custom dyno tune for that combo. I know that the pods may cost me some minor hp - I'm ok w/ that. I'm looking for some FHE on this model before I start dropping $ and chopping parts. Anyone?

Thanks - Tom

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nobody? Chris / CaCycleworks is shipping me 2 different style pods to try. I'll post results. In the meantime I'd still appreciate any info you guys have.

TIA - Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts