Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all you NY area folks :) I'm in Northern CA so don't know the NY area much.

I'm thinking of taking a vacation - visit NYC and get some track time. I have the option to take track school at Pocono Raceway, PA, either in mid May or mid August next year. I'm told Pocono is 1.5 hrs drive from NYC -- with traffic etc on a weekday, is that about right? Would you recommend that I stay closer to the track or stay in NYC and drive there each morning? (Plan is to do two consecutive days at the track)

Next question is weather -- I want to avoid rain/snow, is May okay?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Better weather in August, but you can run into rain / fog at Pocono any time.

Cheaper and easier to find hotel near the track, can't remember the town but there's a couple where 80 meets the PA turnpike.

I haven't done the drive from NYC but I think that's about the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did a day at pocono last may - it was a overcast grey day, clear visors - but the temp was perfect riding conditions. If you ride in Aug, prepare to roast as its hot. There's not much shaded area out there either. I'd recommend accom near the track - after getting there from nyc in the a.m., plus day on track, I was knackered - its an early start to get out there from nyc for the first briefing. If I had been fronting up for a second day I would def have stayed local. You shoud like the track - its all about cornering! There are a few motels around there, sorry cant remember more hotel details - but the track school should know a couple. Do I guess right that its keith code you will be doing? :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ignatiusj said:
Do I guess right that its keith code you will be doing? :)
You are absolutely right :)

Riding their bike which will be the new '07 Kawi ZX6R - should be fun!

Is anyone interested? It'd be fun to meet fellow Monster peeps [thumbsup]

BTW, thanks for the tips and pointers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts