Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

need a bit of guru over here :p

I have been a lurker here for a while, and now unfortunatley my first post has to be a cry for help! ::)

I am the proud owner of Dookie, my first Duc, a '97 M750.
yes, that is a reference to the gummi bears ;D

anyway, my bike came fitted with a pair of 39 FCRs, i have noticed that she runs rich, just had her a full service done and the plugs changed.
The dealer told me that the plugs were a No.7 and should have been a No.9 ???

turns out the bike was running the less sparky plugs to compensate for the really rich running FCRs!

now when the mac changed the plugs to the 'correct' ones the bike has fouled the plugs....eerrrgh no more go.

i have no been informed that running No.7 plugs with rich carbs is going to eat the carbon off the pistons then eat the pistons... :eek:

to solve this i need the correct jetting for the FCRs (and the correct jets!)
I have tried sources in the UK to no avail...sigh and the only place i know for sure where some one will know the answer is here ;D

the engine is a standard 750 apart from an under engine Road Racing Exhaust and the 39mm FCRs with the slightly modded airbox (trumpets cut off)

if anyone can help me out here with the correct jetting i will be eternally grateful ;D

thanks,
rick.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Re: Plz help!

Try taking your airbox off & see how that affects your plug readings. If that doesn't do it, pull your main jets thru the access in the bottom of the float bowls & see what you have. We can see what we have to do after that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Plz help!

thanks for the reply, i will have a chat with the mac tomorrow about the airbox and the main jets. cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts