Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was rooting around on the web and came across these things up for grabs on eBay.....went to the link http://www.nology.com/hot.html and read up

Any merit to these wires? Gadgetry, gimcrackery or good stuff?

Anyone have any experience with them?...seems that they are simple capacitor-discharge operation....

good explanation on spark-intensity vs. spark duration there though one could Ponder the Possible Potential for detonation (hmmm nice alliteration there huh?)....wondering if the fuel mixture would need to be adjusted for the increase in the strength of the ignition charge....if indeed it is increased

if the capacitor croaks on them does the wire become useless?

comments, thoughts, hope, and experience welcomed relative to the validity of the physics involved
thanks
MR

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have not tried the Nology product but I did get a Dyna Coil kit with wires from Chris at CA Cycleworks---it made a huge difference. It seems the 2V monsters can use a lot of help in this area.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not tried the Nology product but I did get a Dyna Coil kit with wires from Chris at CA Cycleworks---it made a huge difference. It seems the 2V monsters can use a lot of help in this area.
Yup I too went with the Ca-cycleworks Dynacoils and wires and they were outstanding in cleaning up the low-end and overall running. Great investment, nice mounting kit from Chris.

I was warned away from the DucPerf ignition modules...but did throw in some platinum plugs....I am always looking for ways to further improve the sparking operation

that's why I was asking 'bout these things.....

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
The nology wires are a simple R-C network. I tried them and considered them equivalent to other wires as far as ignition performance. If someone is "bored" and has the dyna coils already, I'll give you a set of Nology wires to try if you can back to back dyno them. I'll even make spacers and give you long bolts to screw the ground wires to the heads with.

:)

Imho, almost everything that's "gimmicky" is snake oil. I've tried about it all and usually come away unimpressed. ( other than the hole left in my wallet )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts