Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before posting your tech related question, please read and/or provide the information below so that we can help you more quickly. There are a handful of knowledgeable Ducatisti here who freely contribute tech advice and having the extra info in the initial post can speed response as well as make "helping out" easier for those helping.

- have you also posted to other forums? (please mention which ones)

- ONLY post to Tech, please do not shotgun multiple DML forums with same question.

- In subject, please say the system you need help with, not just "I NEED HELP!!!". Examples: "01M900 runs roughly" or "S2R800 won't start"

- Be sure to say model and year of your bike. It would also help the rest of us if you reminded us that your bike is injected or carbureted.

- Mention if your bike is in warranty.

- Also indicate the situation and your experience level... are you simply trying to learn more about your bike? Are you trying to assess whether to attempt the repair yourself? Are you trying to learn more about your bike so when the repair facility says __________ is wrong, you will understand? Are you willing to let a repair facility have the bike for a while to figure it out or are you the type of self reliant person who will fix it, PAY for it, and quickly get back to normal? (or something in between?)

The above questions (especially the last one) will dramatically affect who answers the question, how much effort is put into the answer, as well as the perspective the reply is geared towards. A lot of Tech topics (in my not always humble opinion) could/should be answered with "take it to the dealer and let them sort it out".

DO understand that I personally am the "self reliant person who will fix it, PAY for it, and quickly get back to normal". I have observed instances when the system behind "Ducati Waranty" works against customers, but if you're in warranty, you should stop by the dealer and ask them to rate the problem and ask for their opinion if it should be repaired sooner, later, warranty, do it at home, etc. The motorcycle industry is very busy; it is hard to retain good employees, it is hard to maintain inventory on products at times due to small production runs. Sometimes dealers have a mandated official response to questions asked of them (even on warranty issues). Try to keep this in mind if your shop isn't able to provide the most ideal customer service.

I'm pretty busy with ca cycleworks so please take my sometimes too-brief and too-factual responses at face value. I try not to be curt or brusque, just trying to quickly answer the question best I can based on my experience.

Thanks!!
:) Chris

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Re: Can we make a Read this first page and tack it

Amen!

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Re: Can we make a Read this first page and tack it

Sounds good. Admin?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Read this first before posting a question

Hey Chris, You feeling alright. All the "venting" and now this "warning". You must be having one of those months.

Just messing with you. Keep on posting. I'm enjoying the read.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hey Chris, You feeling alright. All the "venting" and now this "warning". You must be having one of those months. Just messing with you. Keep on posting. I'm enjoying the read.
Heheh, you observe me possibly having a "month" and then poke at me? ??? ;D Nah, really, what it is that I found that I would only poke my head in on the occasional thread. Then I also see many threads with ... "Well, it'd help if you'd tell us what bike you've got first" and the like. So, I opined my observations. ;)

It's all good,
Chris
;D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

Chris~

Nice to see you, bringing some guidelines to get questions answered in this sectioned :)

I see time and time again, people post with questions and they get zero reponses from peopkle like you that have many of the answers. Nice to see you take the higher road :)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts

ok

·
Registered
752 Posts

Wish I had read this a few months ago! hehe, just kidding! >:D ;D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Monstrack Mirror

Hey Chris,

Not sure if you can help but, I purchased and received a pair of short-stalk black Monstrack mirrors about 3 weeks ago. The problem is that the mounting bolt on the left mirror is just a little bit loose. I think that the drift pin is not tight allowing just enough play to make the mirror vibrate enough to severely compromise visibility at highway speed. Will I need to return this mirror and wait........until it can be repaired or replaced???? I have no other mirrors and would hope a new one might be payed for and shipped and money refunded once Monstrack receives the defective unit so that I can continue riding??? Please help or direct me to someone who can...

Thanks very much,
Dan

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you look long and hard enough I do not think there is a question out here that cannot be answered via other threads already posted! This place rocks! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
16 Posts
You sound like a real professional (more than I can say for my Ducati dealer shop).
I may be spoiled - having owned several Japanese liter bikes in the past decade, but I would rate the performance of my NEW '08 695 as poor at best!
Handling is what sold me during the test ride but the engine?
I had the 600 mile service done and mentioned what seemed to me to be a lean condition off idle that had the bike backfiring. The dealer said that they typically adjust the lean condition as much as possible during the initial service but I did not feel much difference.
After I got it home, I synced the cylinders via the intake vaccum with mercury gages and the air/fuel screws and found a happy medium between running well off idle and having a flat spot at about 3,500 rpm.
Will I have to live with this the entire time I own this machine (which may not be long if this keeps up), or will I have to invest more $ on modifications to get my M695 to run as good as it looks?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi first time on the forum name is Ducdan.
Could someone please answer these questions for me?
I own a 2007 MS2R 800 and would like to raise the handle bars but keep the original handle bars will I have enough cable and line to do this mod?
I would also like to know if there is anything I can do with my stock factory pipes?
Is there any restrictors on the 2007 monster MS2R.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Chris, I love CA Cycleworks. Buy all my stuff there regardless of how much the Canadian border is going to ding me on taxes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Battery charger

Hi- JUst bought a 2009 Monster 1100S and was wondering if I should buy the Ducati charger or some aftermarket brand. Also, how hard is it to attatch it to the battery.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chris, I am a new member, have had valves adjusted at least 5 times, "DNA" provided cams once, will not go back to the shop that did previous adjust, can you recommend a good service manuel that I might learn to adjust the valves on my 2002 S-4, I am now a student, was a deckhand, can turn a wrench, but know when to seek assistance. Thanks general mills

1 - 20 of 22 Posts