Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a lot of posts regarding people who did/did not get maintenance vouchers when they purchased monsters. I'm not sure when this time frame was but I'll say this, I purchased my Monster in June of 2003 and I am eligible. I asked my dealer about it and they had no idea. They're very nice people and would honor it if they had them, however, Ducati never told them or gave them any info regarding vouchers! One of them called Ducati and the rep said that Ducati is in "controlled chaos" right now and very far behind. I called DNA last Friday night asking about the vouchers. They left a message on my machine Monday afternoon saying I am eligible and that they didn't understand why the dealer didn't give me mine. I'll let you know what happens when i call them back tomarrow. On the subject of DNA's customer service, I was told they just moved the headquarters from the east coast, to the west coast. That may explain the sudden improvement and promptness in the customer service. I hope this is helpful to a lot of you. I know I could stand to save $500+!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Did they happen to mention what the window of opportunity was? I purchased my S4 in April 2003.
GT

·
Registered
600 Posts
We're talking about the free 600/6000 mile maintenance from last year, right?

I didn't even know about the vouchers until I read about them here. Luckily, my dealer is kind enough to remember that I am eligible even without them. No hassles.

During this campaign period, I was shopping at a dealer that was trying to lure a customer by saying they "could throw in" free 600/6000 mile maintenance if he buys the Duc now... Some dealers were up front about it and some weren't.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not know what the window of opportunity is. I'd say, if you bought your duc in 2003, it's definetley worth asking your dealer, and especially asking DNA. I really trust the people at Powersports where I live, I talked with them today about DNA telling me "we don't understand why the dealer didn't give them to you". Ducati never told my dealer, nor did they ever give them the vouchers to give out! So to everybody, call DNA!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure this only applies to new bikes. Don't forget to get your Desmo card though!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I do not know what the window of opportunity is. I'd say, if you bought your duc in 2003, it's definetley worth asking your dealer, and especially asking DNA.
I'll go right to DNA. My dealer never even gave me the owners manual. [smiley=smartass.gif]

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
For what it's worth, I just emailed DNA asking to explain the "service voucher" program and how to figure out who is eligible. I mentioned that this has been a hot topic on here, even supplied them with a link to our site, and told them I would post their reply here so everyone can hear/read the info straight from the DNA horses mouth. I also told them since I already paid for my 600 mile service I would gladly accept some sort of credit to be used towards some ducati merchandise of my choice. ;D

I'll keep everyone posted to the situation.

G

·
Hey,
I emailed DNA about the service voucher today and they just sent me a response. Unfortunately for me, I purchased the bike in May 03 and missed qualifying by about 7 days....grrrr. Hope others are eligible for this.

"Thank you for contacting Ducati.

Unfortunately I am unable to process your inquiry. Please provide more details so that I can assist you properly. I will need the VIN number stamped onto the steering head of your Monster. Please reply with this information so that we may provide you with further assistance

The Ducati Advantage free maintenance certificates were available to the original purchaser of a 2003 or older Ducati motorcycle during the period of 6/2/2003 to 9/30/2003. If your Monster was purchased outside of the program dates it is not eligible for the free maintenance certificates.

Again, thank you for contacting Ducati.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Ducati North America
PH: 408-253-0499
FX: 408-253-4099
www.ducatiusa.com"

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
OK, one more time...please re read the posts I have made regarding the maintenance program.. I have posted it twice now in the past 6 months. Being a Ducati ONLY dealer I have found it in my best interest to be on top of the programs DNA comes up with. So in order to help clarify what and who qualified for the program I looked every program offered to date and spelled it out fairly clearly I thought ? Your dealer should know ALL about the program, bulletins are sent to them both fax and mail AND they can go to a dealer only web site and look up the last program with minimal to no effort !! telling the customer to call DNA is nuts IMO !! The people answering the phones at DNA are all fairly new, none of them have been there for much more than a year at best..
A few more clarifications...
1. Dealers are not "given" vouchers...we register the sale with DNA and then a nice young lady faxes a copy of the voucher to your dealer and she mails the originals to the customer. This has been happening within a 10 day period for the past 8 months after the bike gets registered as a sale with DNA .
2. Technically the vouchers are not transferable
3. DNA moved out West about a year ago and things are just now really settling down, things are improving for sure...

Dave R
Owner/GM
Ducati Seattle

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Here is what I received today, which was a rather fast response from DNA IMO. I know Zeusrock already posted his response, but I said I would to, so here goes...

Dear Mr. Walsh,

Thank you for contacting Ducati.

The Ducati Advantage free maintenance certificates were available to the original purchaser of a 2003 or older Ducati motorcycle during the period of June 2, 2003 to September 30, 2003. If your Monster was purchased outside of the program dates it is not eligible for the free maintenance certificates.
Most customer service questions can be handled quickly and effectively by your local Ducati dealer. They are familiar with your area and your machine. Technical issues involving Ducati Motorcycles cannot be handled effectively via e-mail. The best solution to your issues are to have your questions addressed at an authorized Ducati Dealer.

Again, thank you for contacting Ducati.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Ducati North America
PH: 408-253-0499
FX: 408-253-4099
www.ducatiusa.com

G

·
when i bought mine in june 03, the vouchers were mailed to me. neither the dealer i bought from in NH or the one i do maintainence with here in MA knew of the program. Kind of makes sense though with the very short run time of the program. I work for a Toyota dealer in the finance department and we are constantly the last to know of any promotions, so it doesnt surprise me that the dealers are in the same boat. guess there is not much we can do as consumers in this case. doesnt make the situation any easier, but the more info you have the better right?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I got my vouchers in the mail yesterday. I bought my monster back in June and have already paid for my 600 mile service. I called the shop and asked if I could be reinbursed since I now had the vouchers, they said no. I'm real bummed because they had always given good customer service up until now. I mean, we're talking a little over $200 bucks here, I'm not so rich that I can laugh that off! Any advice?

·
Registered
447 Posts
You know, I STILL haven't got my Desmo card and it will be a year in April.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Talk about kick a s s ;D! Just got a call from DNA, they told me that not only did I pay for my 600 mile service, which should have been free, but they also noticed that I had bought another monster a month before my current one ( you may remember the thread I did several months ago, "It Finally Happened, I Crashed!"). So now they're telling me I need to get reimbursed for TWO 600 mile service jobs! The DNA rep., Tony, said that DNA processes all of the mailings for people who should get vouchers. It's not really the dealers fault if you haven't gotten them. When you purchase the bike it is logged with DNA. DNA in turn should have red flagged all new and used Ducati's sold through Ducati dealerships between June and August. He said my first bike somehow slipped through the cracks and wasn't red flagged. DNA certainly is shaping up with there customer service though eh?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts