Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

85661 - 85667 of 85667 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My name is Morgan. Please don't judge me as I will require all your help in the next coming year. I just bought a 2007 salvage S2R frame and I plan on building a custom, semi cafe bike. I have basic tools and just enough mechanical knowledge to hurt myself.
I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I'm giving myself a little less than a year to put this thing together enough to ride on my 60th birthday in February. I've never owned a Ducati. I come from Italian heritage. There is no other bike to lust for or dream of owning.....
The frame is straight and has a title. It will need to be blasted and re powder coated. Pics when it arrives.
I already have a hundred questions.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
Just joined this forum. Long time Ducati rider, started with a M600 back in '98, followed by a 748S in 2000, S4 in 2001, Sport1000 Monoposto in 2006 and finally back on a M1200R since 2017.
I live in the Netherlands and the bike used to be almost stock, up until now (only done approx 7K km's).
What has been changed so far:
  • Termignoni exhaust
  • Evotech tail
And currently installing an Annitori Quickshifter.

F21BCCA1-AEBB-4F83-B30A-F080841EAAEF_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my name is Alex Jankovich, I just picked up a Monster S4 with only 7k miles on it, over the weekend. Prior to this, I have been riding this (pretty crappy in my opinion) 93 Yamaha seca II and I figured it was time for an upgrade. To be honest I don't know really anything about this bike. I'm hoping to learn whatever I can. I, like probably most everyone on here am a gearhead, and plan on wrenching on this thing myself. I live in Milwaukee WI. And the first thing I would like to know is do I need a tune to put a slip on exhaust one the bike?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Just as they asked I will introduce myself here on the forum.
My name is Jan, I live in a beautiful place called Huizen in the middle of the Netherlands which they understandably called North Holland... (don't ask me why)
Since a week Im the proud owner of a Ducati Monster M620i.e. Capirex original dutch bike. It is my first experience with Italian made motorcycles after a very long period of Japanese engineering which ultimately left me standing on the roadside(also te reason to buy a Duc.)
I have fairly enough experience with Italian cars and let me put it directly, If the bikes are build of the same quality as the cars I owned I will never buy anything else than Ducati! ;)

About the bike, It's a original Capirex with just two changes, I have a complete Termignoni exhaust system (L+R) and the previous owner decided to remove 1 of the 2 "65" on the back of the bike.
As for the last part of removing the "65" If any of you are reading this and think to have the solution as to where I can buy this decal, or perhaps you have the decal laying around waiting to applied on a real one please give me a DM! I'm more than happy to pay for it as well as the shipping costs around the globe.

Cheers!

Jan.
ps. Thnx to @s4r for introducing me to this site! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My name is Randy and I live in downtown Denver, CO. I just purchased a 2020 821 and absolutely love it! So far I’ve ordered a tail tidy kit, replacement signals front and rear, and a set of Rizoma Spy-R mirrors. Planning on the termi exhaust once I break her in for a little bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bob Bell--6/21/20-- My son stumbled across your site and somehow got me into it. Anyway live in south Florida . First Monster 2014 696. After 15 years of not riding , need a refresher.
Previous bikes 1977 HD XLCR (HD attempt @ Café Racer, followed by Ducati 748 many years later,. @ 72 back and leg nerve problems prompted sale of 748 but always wanted a monster..
Baby steps here. Looking forward to seeing your site. Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
H
My name is Ramon and I’ve been Riding street bikes since 1997. I just acquire my first ever Ducati (2006 Monster Dark 620). Bike is stock (albeit fender has been eliminated). In chronological order I’ve had GS 500, 2nd gen Sv650, Honda Hawk gt 650, Cbr F3 (streetfightered). The last two led me to the Monster!

I’m in Oakland California

From this board I hope to get some insight on the Ducati world.

See you around!

85661 - 85667 of 85667 Posts