Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

85641 - 85660 of 85663 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just joined again and just bought my 1st Ducati. It's a 2012 796 with low miles and super, super clean. I reside in Indianapolis. Hope to learn much about my bike from this board. Long time vintage Honda & Yamaha rider & restorer. Hello to all. Pics to follow soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, I am Alessandro from Italy and I will buy my 1st Ducati tomorrow.

I am 26 and this is actually my first motorcycle... I am so excited!!! For me, the same for you I guess when you had your first Ducati, it is a dream coming true. Unfortunately, I will need to wait until March 7th to ride it, since I constantly travel back and forth from Italy to the States (NYC and Chicago mainly) due to my job, and I will keep you updated on it.
I have been in love with this brand since I was a kid and I have ridden some different models owned by friends of mine. But this... this will be different... I will finally ride my own one! Starting with a Monster 797 (2019), I am looking forward to learning more from all of you.

See you soon, hopefully I will have some pics to share!
Ale

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I purchased a 2015 Monster 1200S from an auction, just to fix up and sell... and then I fell in love with it. Upgrading everything the wallet allows and selling a 2019 Hypermotard 950SP just to keep this 1200S. The sound and the power it puts down is mesmerizing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi My name is Dan I got a 2007 S4R Testastretta, and I am living in AZ. I have always had a taste for monsters since high school. Coming up on 40 now... ugh. First road bike, but have been riding dirt-bikes for about a decade. ( I know every one says they aren't the same, but I self taught on the dirt bike and rode it like a road bike...) Just found out my monster has issues with speedo and mileage readings and it has a Power Commander III so I will be trying to learn how to get my bike running for my area now vs where it came from. Scored it in Jersey and it lived down south before moving it out here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm Diamond DeVille, and I'm from Portland ME. I acquired a 1998 M900 that was pretty beaten up and abused, and in a few years I completely took him (his name's IGOR (like eye-gor)) apart and rebuilt him to be the Monster I've always wanted. Matte black tank, bright pink powdercoated frame, carbon fibered exhausts (which I'll be changing up this winter) along with other work that I'll be doing as I ride him. My bike is the love of my life and I couldn't imagine life without him.
This forum has saved me quite a few times with general maintenance stuff, so thank you :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I'm Villan63 (football club / soccer to the colonials) I used to ride a Fireblade until 2018 and wanted a naked bike. I went shopping for a Triumph Speed Triple & looked for weeks for the right one. During this process I had an epiphany and turned to the light. I had always wanted a Ducati, but did not yern for the pain of a 1098 saddle. That said I fell in love with the Italian mark after riding a Diavel. So my new quest began eventually buying a ex demo 2017 Monster 1200s with 700 miles on it. I have to say I love the bike and have fitted some new goodies from Evotech Perfomance in the UK. I'm now waiting for delivery of an SC project CR-T muffler before I possibly get the Termi's.

Well that's me done for now!!!
IMG_0560.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, my name is Allan. i have a 2006 monster 620 having sold my ST3 to my brother a few years ago. I've put a couple of hundred thousand miles on bike over my life time and owned many starting at age 17. I joined to comment to the woman that asked about lowering her Monster 620 seat height. I'm currently shopping for a bike for my wife and just completed this conversation with my local bike mechanics. Short answer, the 620 standard seat height is 30inches. perhaps 30.7. the rear shock can be adjusted and on the front fork the tubes the grip can be lowered a couple of inches, so it appears little problem to lower the seat 2-3 inches. adding a more optimal seat can also can effectively lower the seat another inch or more.
Allan,

I was noticing that we are up to 189 members as of a few minutes ago and that a large percentage of you have never made a post. I sometimes get tired of reading from the same ten blabbermouths all the time (and I know I'm one of them ;) ).

How about introducing yourselves and maybe letting us know what you would like to gain from reading the DML Monster Boards?

I would suggest the following information:

1. Name (optional)
2. Type of Monster you own (or want to own)
3. Where you live
4. What you hope to gain from reading this board
5. Anything else you have to say

Okay, me first:
If you haven't figured it out already, I'm Scott Nelson. I own a red 1997 M900 that I've owned since new (September of 1997) and is still my favorite bike of all time. I live in Pleasanton, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm always trying to learn more about my bike and hope to share my knowledge with others when I can.

I look forward to learning who the rest of you are.

========== Edit ==========
[The moderator likes this idea and has stuck it permanently at the top, so if you haven't "signed in" yet, please post a note on this thread. We should eventually have about 200 posts here. Hopefully all new posters, no discussions.]
========== Edit 2 ==========
Please don't reply to any posts in this group. If you want to welcome someone or discuss anything, please send them a PM instead.
========== Edit 3 ==========
The Monster was wrecked on October 4 of 2003. It was replaced with an ST2, complete with hard bags. In September of 2004 an 888 SPO was added to the garage. There might be another Monster someday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am Mert Yılmaz(Marco).
Living in Cyprus. I have 2012 M796. I have this bike nearly 1 year. Very happy to have it..
The biggest problem is living in Cyprus. No official mechanic service here and difficult to trust rest of the mechanics. They are not efficient.
This is the first reason I attended here. To take your advise/recommend and try to fix minor problems by my own..
I already have one small problem and already opened conversation for that..
During those covid 19 days while we under lock down I wish you all safe and healthy days..
Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My name is Vic
I live in Vancouver, B.C.
I am 73 years old
I just got a 2014 monster 1200s (I also own a 1975 900 SS; yup, the real thing, 1969 triumph bonneville, and my trusty suzuki SVS.
I am tek challenged so probably won't post much; but have some questions ;
How can I quiet my Termignoni's , are there optional baffles available?
Can you bump start a bike with a slipper clutch ?

Loving the Bike, but not the noise,
Vic

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm Jimmy "The Lube"
Just bought a 2001 M900 S i.e. with 6k miles and Termignoni exhaust.
I live in French Valley Airport, CA and work as a turboprop pilot.
I'd like to get some good tech tips to get more hp and torque from the bike while keeping it as reliable as possible.
I've been commuting on my 2016 Ducati Scrambler for 40k miles. The Monster is a whole new riding style and world of fun with Woodcraft clip-ons. I love the bike. I'm wondering if the frame will accept any later Monster motor such as something liquid-cooled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all, I've been lurking this forum for a number of months now, gaining tech info.
I have an '09 M696 and a '10 M1100S. Yeah, i know, why have 2 when you can only ride 1 at a time? Well, I own 4 guitars too....
The bikes are both very meticulously maintained and a blank canvas for my modding addiction. At some point, I presume, the 696 will go away as my attention is on the 1100 for now.
Living in Portland, Oregon there is never enough good weather to ride.
Very much looking forward to getting some info!

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Stuart
2. 1200 (2017) + Sc Project exhaust.
3. Preston, England

Hi All. I have owned my Monster for just over a year. I love it even though its had quite a few problems. I had an Aprillia Supermoto before this and it never missed a beat. Do I regret changing ? yeah I think i do. I have already had to replace the battery and had loads of problems with sudden power drains / not starting. The back brake constantly needs bleeding which is nuts on a premium machine really. To top it off I also had my first flat tyre at the end of last year and earlier in the year it nearly spat me off on some loose gravel.
I love the bike when it works but its been nothing but hassle so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am Mert Yılmaz(Marco). View attachment 224442 Living in Cyprus. I have 2012 M796. I have this bike nearly 1 year. Very happy to have it..
The biggest problem is living in Cyprus. No official mechanic service here and difficult to trust rest of the mechanics. They are not efficient.
This is the first reason I attended here. To take your advise/recommend and try to fix minor problems by my own..
I already have one small problem and already opened conversation for that..
During those covid 19 days while we under lock down I wish you all safe and healthy days..
Regards
Welcome to the board. We have twins. I love mine. I'm sure you do too. Happy riding.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
My name is Vic
I live in Vancouver, B.C.
I am 73 years old
I just got a 2014 monster 1200s (I also own a 1975 900 SS; yup, the real thing, 1969 triumph bonneville, and my trusty suzuki SVS.
I am tek challenged so probably won't post much; but have some questions ;
How can I quiet my Termignoni's , are there optional baffles available?

Loving the Bike, but not the noise,
Vic

Yes you can bump start it. Just don't use 1st. I've done mine several times when I had a bad battery. Use 2nd or 3rd gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My name is Morgan. Please don't judge me as I will require all your help in the next coming year. I just bought a 2007 salvage S2R frame and I plan on building a custom, semi cafe bike. I have basic tools and just enough mechanical knowledge to hurt myself.
I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I'm giving myself a little less than a year to put this thing together enough to ride on my 60th birthday in February. I've never owned a Ducati. I come from Italian heritage. There is no other bike to lust for or dream of owning.....
The frame is straight and has a title. It will need to be blasted and re powder coated. Pics when it arrives.

85641 - 85660 of 85663 Posts