Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

85601 - 85620 of 85645 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Ricardo. I've been browsing on the forums for many months till I decided to pick up a really good priced 2014 Monster 796 a couple of months ago. So far the bike is awesome, but I'm already thinking of all the things I want to do, especially with the horrible stock cans. I love the way this bike looks with an open back so I'm pushing forward to getting a side mounted exhaust.

I live in Coral Springs FL. Any other SF Monster riders?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Ricardo. I've been browsing on the forums for many months till I decided to pick up a really good priced 2014 Monster 796 a couple of months ago. So far the bike is awesome, but I'm already thinking of all the things I want to do, especially with the horrible stock cans. I love the way this bike looks with an open back so I'm pushing forward to getting a side mounted exhaust.

I live in Coral Springs FL. Any other SF Monster riders?
Ricardo,

Welcome. I just picked up a 2014 796 back in August and I love it. My first mod will be the 14T front sprocket, I can't handle the engine stutter at really low traffic speeds. I agree these bikes can look really nice with a clean back side, starting with a nice fender eliminator.

Check this thread for tail chop ideas: http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-monster-796/232825-fender-eliminator-yes-i-searched.html

Good luck!
-Trevor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

Excited to be part of the forum, and hopefully soon the Duc family as I've been eying a monster ever since I laid eyes on one a few months ago.

I'm 26 and from Chicago, and recently sold my modded 2000 GT mustang for a Honda Ruckus (don't judge me ;).

Looking forward to learning a lot and breaking my motorcycle-cherry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I was selfishly searching the site for problems. I bought a 2002 monster with no key and been sitting for several years, Asking for trouble huh. My name is jerry 76 yrs old nam vet, I like bikes I have a 97 magna, a 1200 bandit 2005, 2 vmaxes 97,94 . When I pulled the tank and had lock smith pick the lock, wow looked like big chunks of saw dust inside, got a switch off ebay , it turns and got a weak spark, but got a lot to do, too cold here in Tennessee as there is no heat in my polebarn, that's what I'm doing, glad to find this forum. Looking for fuel components and routing for lines etc, thanks for listening

·
Registered
100 Posts
Alright, i'll chime in (not good at introducing myself)
my name is Raouf, i'm 24 yo, live in Halifax, NS (East Coast Canada). i've had my 2007 S2R1000 for about 6 months now. was never really a hardcore Ducati fan before but always had that feeling for the Monsters specifically since one of my HighSchool teachers had a S4Rs Testastretta (White tank and rims w/Red stripe and frame and golden forks) that i always admired!

I never really was actively looking for a Monster but saw this guy (previous owner) offering his bike on Kijiji (Canada's equivalent to CraigsList) and thought i would throw him an offer for trade with my 2004 Suzuki V-Strom 650 and went and met him and we test rode each other's bikes, he wanted $2,000 on top of my bike for his (which i instantly liked) but $2k was a bit too much, so i desperately thought "heck, i'll throw him an offer of $1,000 only on top of my bike", and ....... he agreed! and thats how i got my Monster :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi my names Emerson. Im 22yr old and work as a civilian aircraft mechanic for the US Air Force.
I've been riding for about 4 years now and just picked up my first ducati.
it's a 1995 m900, has 10k miles on it and I picked it up for $2500, pretty good deal I think haha
Bike has:
FCR 41mm carbs
Ferracci High mount Exhaust
15F/40R gearing
Yoyodyne slave cyl
Racetech rear spring
CF timing covers
CF front sprocket cover
CF shorty rear fender

L

·
0 Posts
1. Tom
2. M796 20th AE 122/200
3. Eastern New Mexico
4. Camaraderie of other like minded Monster tamers, tips tricks and reviews of modifications I want to make in the future. Also to show off my bike and to ogle other bikes, can you ever really get enough?
5. I have been riding off and on for coming up on 16yrs now. Started out on the dirt and then graduated to street riding. I've been in the USAF now for a little over 7yrs now. Other than that, ummm. riding is my happy place!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been riding off and on for coming up on 16yrs now. Started out on the dirt and then graduated to street riding. I've been in the USAF now for a little over 7yrs now. Other than that, ummm. riding is my happy place!
woo another AF guy. im coming up on year 5, as a reservist but ive been part of the ART program for 4 of those years. So im still here every day lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hola, I'm Gunner. I just picked up a 97 750. I'm here to learn tips and tricks for maintenance and mods. I'm gonna turn this one into a cafe. I live in Honolulu, Hawaii. I like tits and beer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all,

Been a part of the forum for a year now, but haven't posted since acquiring my first bike last summer, an '05 620. I'm in Bergen County, NJ which means I'm yet to find good rides.

I wasn't sure where to post so I guess I'll knock out the questions here, understanding I'll be redirected much to the disdain of senior members, in hopes I can find some answers.

Okay so two things have me worried: my rear brake and a rough idle. Last October I took my bike for the 12k service at around 10k, now about 7 months later my bike struggles while idling, cutting out often in addition to sporadic changes in RPMs, even when fully warmed, seems to be somewhat amplified in rain. I'm thinking throttle body or fuel pump/line/filter.

Second thing, I just changed my brake pads front and rear as well as sprockets and chain, however, my rear brake has a little bit of play. This play can be best described as a rotation with the rotor, after application of the rear break, until peg attached to the brake assembly hits the bottom of the slot in the swing-arm. Rear axle nut torqued to 72Nm, as indicated in manual, but perhaps it requires a bit more?

I know this is a long-winded intro, but I'm a newbie; I don't know how things work here...yet.

Cheers,
Marco

·
Registered
3 Posts
My name's Brian, I own an 03' Monster 800 Dark I've had close to 4 years.

I joined yesterday because I hope to gain some information/suggestions on some repairs and changes I need due to the fact that I very recently laid her down for the first time... I was wearing a helmet and real lucky, but the bike didn't come out as good as I did. Need a new headlight set up, instrument panel, front brake clutch, and secondhand fuel tank ideas. Any PM's would be welcome. I'm new to message boards, but perhaps I'll start my own thread.

Glad to be part of the community.

·
Super Moderator
609 Posts
My name's Brian, I own an 03' Monster 800 Dark I've had close to 4 years.

I joined yesterday because I hope to gain some information/suggestions on some repairs and changes I need due to the fact that I very recently laid her down for the first time... I was wearing a helmet and real lucky, but the bike didn't come out as good as I did. Need a new headlight set up, instrument panel, front brake clutch, and secondhand fuel tank ideas. Any PM's would be welcome. I'm new to message boards, but perhaps I'll start my own thread.

Glad to be part of the community.
Welcome. Glad you're OK. You might post in the M Bikes sub-forum. http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-monster-m-bikes/

I think replacing the speedo/tach will be the biggest issue, though the tank may be the most expensive. I bought a used tank for my track bike on eBay several years ago. Did you have nsurance?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My name is John Tripple and I live in Bend, Or.
Just joined the site and picked up a 2002 750Sie Monster in town at a yard sale with 1,491mi on it for $3,500. Metallic Grey w/red wheels. It's so clean it looks like it came out of a 13 yr. old time capsule. It was actually in a climate controlled 60 degree garage. The Bike is stock other than Carbon Fiber Arrow slip-ons installed at the dealer and from what I was told it was chipped for the pipes which seems true because it runs a little on the rich side. I have a K&N on order and have to chop the air box. After I do that it should take care of that issue. It runs good up to about 6,000 to 6,500rpms then the power seems to go flat. I think it's starving for air with the stock filter and unmolested box. Where's my hole saw.
I really like this web site, very informative. I plan on posting some pics of my new ride.
Bikes:
2002 Ducati 750Sei Monster
2008 Yamaha WR450F (Plated)
1989 Yamaha 600XT Dual Sport

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm Margaret. I just purchased a 2014 796 Monster new from the dealer and had them add a Termignoni Exhaust. I wanted a monster 12 years ago when I first started riding but knew that was not a beginner bike. I moved to Dallas for my job 4 years ago from Denver, CO. I am new to forums and hope to learn more about my bike. I am also looking for some fixes to some things I want to change.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Old/New Monster owner

Hello everyone,

My name is Steve and I am powerless over my addictions to Ducatis.

I bought my first Duc when I was 16 for $375. Saved up from a my summer job to pay for that bike. What!? A Ducati for $375??? Yep, it was 1969 and it was a pretty little Ducati Scrambler. TBH, I only bought the Scrambler because I didn't have enough for a BSA 441 Victor Special at the time.

A few years and a two year tour in the Army later, I bought a 750 GT while I was in college. It was a great bike after I removed the god-awful bat wing fairing the PO had installed. After college, money and transportation needs dictated the sale of the bike and I lived through two wife-times before I bought another bike: a brand new 1998 M900 Monster.

Since then, I've had a 2004 M1000, an S4RS, as well as a 96 900SS SP, a 99 900 SS and a DS1000 Supersport. For the last several years I've been riding a 2007 GT1000 which will probably go on the market once the 1200S is acclimated to its new home. The GT has been a great bike, especially after I spent way more modifying the bike than a married man (or one with more restraint) could get away with in order to improve the suspension and performance.

Last week, I bought a bone stock 2014 1200s from an individual in NC who felt he wasn't riding enough to justify the payments. He may have been right since it only has 2100 miles on the clock. I was only able to make the deal through the assistance of Fayetteville Powersports but so far they've been really helpful. I'm using JC Motors shipping division but it may be a week or two before they get the bike to me.

So I'm here because I know the 1200s needs special care and feeding (I won't be able to leave the 1200s in its stock configuration) and I hate re-inventing the wheel. Not having seen the bike, I know I'll need a battery tender hookup and have found some really solid information here about using the DDA with a cable from Amazon or Revzilla: http://*******.com/pa5oa25. I'm trying really hard not to buy anything more (I did buy a spanner for chain adjustment) until the bike arrives.

What great good fortune to be able to ride a Ducati on the twisty back roads of the Missouri and Arkansas Ozarks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
G'day team,
I'm Hags, 25yo Soldier from New Zealand. I ride a 2003 620ie monster and I love it. I'd like to get a bigger Ducati one day but my 620 will do for now.
my bike was imported from America a couple of years ago. it's winter here right now so riding is pretty cold can't wait for summer.

cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
33 yr old, Live in Galveston Texas. Acquired a 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 1000 from a friend that moved to Nicaragua. I work as a professional mariner, hold a 2nd mate unlimited/ 1600 ton masters license.
Have done a little work to the bike, and noticed the tank blistering and got on here to find solutions. seems the aluminum tank is the only way to go. Criticism needed, suggestions wanted.

85601 - 85620 of 85645 Posts