Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

84161 - 84180 of 85661 Posts

·
Banned
803 Posts
Re: An Engineers Guide to Cats.

That was awesome, and I don't even like cats...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Re: Will this burn a bridge?

TCK! said:
I'm not a big fan of admins that don't do what they were hired to do (ie - my office receptionist doesn't like to answer phones... seriously wtf?)
that is EXACTLY was this girl is like. She is trying to work her way up from receptionist so they gave her more responsibilities. That just means her old responsibilites now get done by noone! She is also one of those, I am doing something, "its the most important thing in the world so dont bother me" people. :mad:

I think if it was someone else I would have done it already.

·
Registered
326 Posts

sounds like someone realized you were billing them for admin work and got annoyed. then they figured out a way to get you to do it for free like they thought you shoulda. typical office poloticky.

if someone does something like that to me I just do whatever it is they want me to do and make it look easy. like "Oh you ****ed up and didn't make a copy? that's cool-- I just sent it"

she's petty-- rub her nose in it.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Re: The New Official "SAY" Anything Thread

DesmoD said:
dp, do you need to run this by T, before we get too excited??
what?...

I told her we were havin' a party. ;D

·
Registered
8,324 Posts

DesmoD said:
Being a thoughtful husband, I thought you might want to ask first.
You don't know me well...

do you? ;D

j/k

T is a trooper and loves a party as much as the rest of us.

·
Registered
428 Posts

I'd just take this on the chin and go in and do the hour.

Upsides:

• It's a one-off, and you've been paid for all the other admin work you've charged for.
  • You leave with your reputation intact (they will or won't accept you leaving, you can't change that, but if you got into a argument about charging for admin work then it would come to light that you've been charging them already, and they might not like that). Even if you don't go back to this firm, you may want a reference.
  • You get your money paid out with minimal hassle, better than wrangling over this for a month.
Downsides:
  • The admin doesn't get her cumuppance - but if that's her attitude, it won't go unnoticed, and it will arrive eventually.
  • You lose an hour of your time, that you could be riding ::)
As I say, just do the admin, 'let it go', and move on to your next venture.

If you ever go back to the company, you can specify up front who does the admin, and that, if it's you, you'll charge for the time.

As an employee of a large corporate business, there's crap like this everyday, be grateful you're out of it [thumbsup]

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Re: An Engineers Guide to Cats.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

...still laughing outloud from the "club" scene with the techno beat "meow".....not like I ever did that with my cat or anything.......

·
Registered
8,324 Posts

DesmoD said:
I thought that would get you to smile.

So, should we decide on a date?
The weekend of June 24 would work, or even the one after.

If you guys are serious about tenting you would want it to be around then. It gets cold here even then.

Of course this old place has all kinds of room even if they're not set up as bedrooms.

As long as people aren't expecting 5 star accommodations the possibilities are endless.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Re: Whats the strangest thing you ever ran over?

truckinduc said:
you say you dont like the killing thing, then i look at your avitar and signature.
[laugh] [clap]

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

DesmoD said:
How 'bout DiNE? Ducati's in New England.
that works too [laugh]
ducpainter said:
what?...

I told her we were havin' a party. ;D
ducpainter said:
T is a trooper and loves a party as much as the rest of us.
yes she is [thumbsup]
you be sure to tell her that :)

DesmoD said:
I thought that would get you to smile.

So, should we decide on a date?
i think so...

czaja said:
I like doing the laundry. I change clothes a lot too. Work outfits, running, and around the house clothes. It's like when we had school clothes and play clothes. Laura's laundry pile is much smaller then mine. I like to fold it and see the progress. I do six loads a week for 2 usually on Sunday or Monday.
i'm glad i'm not the only one who wears this many clothes :)

·
Registered
859 Posts

the one after the 24th would be too late.

We would be game for a mid week or long weekend event.

I think we are planning early enough for people to get the time off if they really want to come.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Riding to Dartmouth!

My oldest granddaughter has just accepted admission at Dartmouth College (following my daughter, her mother, to that institution). [clap] [clap] [clap]

Looks like a nice fall trip to New England on the Monster may be in order.

Tommy T.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Re: teh (new) official im drunk thread

block party tonight!

ought to start early, so I can leave early, and not upset randy... [cheeky]

84161 - 84180 of 85661 Posts