Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently got a '96 Monster 600, the bike has a Staintune exhaust, open air-box and the previous owner had it dynoed with a different a jet setting. I got full service history with the bike and it didnt miss any servicing. I do alot of start/stop riding in the city during peak hour.

Its gone through 3 sets of spark plugs (2 sets of NGK, 1 NGK Iridium) because of fouling in 2 months.
I had a Honda VTR250 before and my 600 doesn't feel any faster or more powerful.
False neutral really easily.
Sometimes after downshift, there is no slack in the clutch lever, then it would come back again?

·
Registered
51,206 Posts
Emulsion tube also known needle jet. It is the jet the needle from the slide goes into. Over time they wear oval and cause you to run rich except for idle anf top end. You want to change the emulsion tubes and needles. Of course, this is an internet guess. It is possible you have other problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.