Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an LED integrated tail light (smoke) on eBay. It doesn't come with installation instructions. Electrical re-wiring is not my forte. Could someone please describe to me the proper diagram I should follow to install this unit? Here's a description of the wires I have going into the new unit:

Red, White and Blue + Black (ground) - going into the center of a rubber recepticle leading into the housing of the LED panel, all channeled together in an insulator tube.

Blue into the port side of the recepticle. (I'm guessing left turn signal)

Yellow into the starboard side of the recepticle. (I'm guessing right turn signal)

The stock setup is as follows:

Gr/R (to tail light bulb)
W/G (to W/Gr of the left turn bulb)
Y (to tail light bulb & number plate light)
P/Bk (to W/Bk of the left turn bulb)
Bk (ground)

Finally, how do I set up the new wiring so that I can connect LED license plate bolts when I reposition the plate? I'm not sure which is the hot wire here, but I'm guessing it's Gr/R?

It's going on an '04 M800i.e.

Much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Did you buy this used? If not the company you bought it from may have instructions or if you know who the manufacturer is, they may have them on their website. Otherwise, my recommendation would be to take a 12v battery, connect the black to ground, then take each of the other leads and touch the + terminal on the battery and see which function of the light comes on, then label the wires for future reference.

Good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not sure which is the hot wire here said:
Use a "multimeter" or rig something up 12 volt light bulb, wire & solider the wire to the bulb one wire to the side casing of bulb and the other to the center post on the bulb. Oh and sometimes these companies like to stick a small piece of paper on the bag that the light comes in if your too much in a hurry to open it you may have mist the wiring instructions. I've done it and dumpster divin SUCKS lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts