Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Ducati has warranty for replacement from expansion of plastic tank due to ethanol use??????
HELP
This is bad, cant even lock tank down everything is so compressed into ignition switch.
Call me please 386 214 5070 or email [email protected]
I dont really know how to use these threaded programs. I will learn.
thanks
ducati love across the miles and airways
DDD
Ducati Diana Daytona

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Yes, there is a 5 year emissions warranty that the tank is covered under. You will need to contact your local dealer and they will either want you to bring the bike in or at least send pictures of the issue. They will contact Ducati North America to see if it's covered. DNA's stance on this is that they will only cover it if it is a safety issue. I had the same problem you described. I told the dealer that the tank was pushing against the ignition and it was almost impossible to securely latch the tank which is a huge safety issue. They agreed to cover the replacement and I'm waiting for it to come in (back-ordered).
Now there is a class-action lawsuit going, as well, and it's headed up by some lawyer. There is a blog on Yahoo that you can join, just Google it.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to address my issue and call me Paul. I will keep working on the problem and make sure I get involved in the class action suit too if possible. Do you know where I can purchase a lower leg shield. The mechanic at our wonderful dealership muscled my bike so hard he cracked it many times over and it's about to fall off. Thanks again for contacting me.
Ducati Diana Daytona

1 - 4 of 4 Posts