Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not own a bike without a center stand prior to the Monster 695, so a rear stand was in order unless I plan to ride over 100 miles to the dealer for every chain lube.

After a little research and some correspondence with Charles at Pit Bull, I ordered the Pit Bull Forward Handle Rear Stand. It arrived in four business days from when I clicked "Send Order" and is a beauty. Heavy, gold anodized tubing. Nice looking welds. Height and width adjustable. Clear instructions and it actually works rather effortlessly.

I have no basis for comparison, having never used a rear stand before, but this seems to be an excellent tool that does its job without complaint and it was pleasant dealling with the Huntsville, Alabama based company.

Tommy T.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
it's not gold anodized, it's zinc plated. that stand will last you forever (unless somebody steals 'em like they did mine).

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
having just gotten a Pit Bull rear handle rearstand about a month ago, i just looked up what a front handle one looks like --- has anybody here used both? does the front handle one make it that much easier to pick the bike up onto the stand?

that being said, it really isn't hard to use the one i've got, but there is always the awkward "is this thing going to fall over" feeling i get every time i use it. the video in the FAQ helped immensely, though [thumbsup]

·
Registered
928 Posts
Cycle cat - only way to go unless you have SS Swingarm, for that you need a Pit Bull - Gene

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Yes, the fwd handle rear stand is pretty amazing. One small drawback is the patience required to ensure the stand is "square" with the swingarm. It seemed easy to me to get the stand a little crooked. A little is one thing... too much is a tank ding.

:)

Yeah, I love PitBull stands and just ordered 3 of their fwd arm SSS stands for my shop.

pman81 said:
having just gotten a Pit Bull rear handle rearstand about a month ago, i just looked up what a front handle one looks like --- has anybody here used both? does the front handle one make it that much easier to pick the bike up onto the stand?

that being said, it really isn't hard to use the one i've got, but there is always the awkward "is this thing going to fall over" feeling i get every time i use it. the video in the FAQ helped immensely, though [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I just picked up a pitbull front stand from an area guy. I love it.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I bought a wheel chock (park in it instead of the sidestand at home) to keep the bike upright, whichever end I'm working on. PitBulls and that seem to work together well.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I wont use anything but pit-bull unless I have to. I do a lot of work on bikes and have two different front stands (pit-bull) and two different rear stands again (pit-bull) I also have a cheap lockhart phillips non spooled stand for some of the crappier bikes I have to work on.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Literally just received my Pit Bull reversible single sided swingarm stand and love it. Wow, it's really heavy duty. Comes with two pins for mounting on either the left or right side of the bike - just make sure you're using the correct pin (right side is marked DR)

Stuart

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
pman81 said:
has anybody here used both? stand?
Yes.

pman81 said:
does the front handle one make it that much easier to pick the bike up onto the stand?
Depends, the front handle is a mix of both easier and harder. It is easier to have confidence when using it, since you are standing next to the bike instead of behind it, but the actual lifting of the bike is physically harder. The leverage generated from their front handle is not as good as their rear handle stand (PB confirmed this when I asked them, and I actually mod'd my FH stand to get more leverage, since I am not a real heavy guy).

Also, like chris said, it is more difficult to make sure you have the FH stand squared up to the swingarm while lifting, and there is a slight tendency to twist the FH stand while lifting, because the forward handle is offset to 1 side.

The front handle stand is stronger side-to-side than the rear handle, since there is a tube that runs directly between the wheels. When the bike is up on the FH stand, I can slide the rear end across the garage floor, and there is no skipping or bouncing. When the bike is up on the RH stand, and I slide it, there is some skipping, because the RH stand is a little more flexible.

I love both stands though, and use each one for different things.

mitt

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I bought front and rear Pit Bull stands, so when I traded bikes I had to get a bike that the stands worked on.

Does anybody know if the 1098's sss and fork fit the Pit Bull stands? ;D

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
LA said:
I bought front and rear Pit Bull stands, so when I traded bikes I had to get a bike that the stands worked on.

if they don't currently, charlie will build a set that they will.

(my guess is that they'll fit, though)

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
LA said:

Not at the present time. Maybe the front stand will work but the rear stand will need a larger pin.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Mac900 said:
Not at the present time. Maybe the front stand will work but the rear stand will need a larger pin.
did they change the rear axle?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I bought one for my 620 about 3 days after I got my bike. I love it.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
derby said:
did they change the rear axle?
I believe so. LT Snyder has been talking about having Pit Bull make up a new stand with a larger pin. The twelve sided nut is supposed to be a larger size as well.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Mac900 said:
I believe so. LT Snyder has been talking about having Pit Bull make up a new stand with a larger pin. The twelve sided nut is supposed to be a larger size as well.
Get a pipe/tube that fits the ID of the axle and the OD of the pit bull pin and thread on a set screw. No you got both! ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts