Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned 7,000 kms with my 1200 today. A quick inspection of the tires tells me I am probably good for another 1,000 kms and they are done. Any other good alternative out there than the pirelli ? Great tires but I am not a hard rider and I am looking to get a bit more tire tread life .

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Pirelli Angel GT's offer amazing grip and much longer wear than the Diablo Rosso's. They are dual compound with a harder rubber in the middle for long life and a softer, stickier compound for leaning the bike over when cornering.

·
Registered
782 Posts
3,100 miles and the rear is pretty much shot. Getting a set of Angel GT's before the ride up to Indy for MotoGP. Used an Angel ST on the front of my Diavel and got much better mileage without a noticeable drop in performance.

I have no reservations with those and the electronics. I've ridden most of my life without 'em and I don't think less grip is going to make it less effective (think about it, it works generally off slip so more grip would be more problematic for the brains than less).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah, of course Ducati says you will have to adjust the TC and ABS settings if you change from the stock tires.

I have about 1100 miles on mine so far with no discernable wear, but then I take corners fairly fast and get it leaned over pretty far, and my daily commute has a number of on/off ramps both on the left and right of the highway, so maybe that is just causing the tire to wear evenly? Or 1100 miles just isn't enough to tell.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I like the Rosso II's, but a guy I ride has an 848 and he swears by them. I am aggressive, but short of being an ass (or so I think). The rears averages 3500-4500 miles and I am on my 3rd rear and 2nd front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts