Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey all, i just got a 620dark yesterday and i am enjoying it alot.the only thing is that the pipes are not loud enough for my taste. i do not know much about ducatis (seeing how this is my first one) and wanted to know if you could recommend me a nice set of pipes (preferably high mounts because i love the look) that are fairly easy to install because i want to do it myself.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Termi will be a whole kit (Pipes, ecu, and airbox mod) sound awesome but they are priced pretty high. The ecu is worth the price by itself. Sils are another awesome choice. Fast by Ferracci sells them and they are very resonable as far as price. Remus are nice if you can find them. These are the 3 I would choose from, keep in mind Ducatis come lean so a power commander will be in order...so add in another $300ish if you do not go with Termi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input! I just wanted to know if i am putting on slip ons and not a full system do i really need to get an ecu and an air filter? Someone told me that because they are only slip ons you do not need to touch anything else regarding the engine or air filter.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Thanks for the input! I just wanted to know if i am putting on slip ons and not a full system do i really need to get an ecu and an air filter? Someone told me that because they are only slip ons you do not need to touch anything else regarding the engine or air filter.
I would agree with this.
I had two different slip-ons on my 02 620 and both worked fine with no other changes needed.
If you do want to adjust the fueling map later, you can add a power commander

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Right now im leaning towards Arrow or Sil megaphones both highmounted. I know both make good pipes just wondering what the sound difference would be and the dB level.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I have a 620 as well and I have installed the slip on from Leo Vince. Love the sound. I also have removed the end cap and re-tuned the bike for perfect fuel mixture. No need ECU.
After a year I changed the air-filter as well, and the bike picked up some crazy sound and power. Love it

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey Lucaloco, what kind of airbox change did you make?

I went with Arrow slipons. much better sound. was told they sound better than Termis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts