Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install my 2 Brothers slip ons this weekend. Any tips from those that have done it? I have a 2001 M900.

JR

H

·
0 Posts
Like the NIKE ads say, "JUST DO IT!!!"

No, really, are they low or high mounts? Either way, pretty simple job. Just take your time. Mine were high mounts, which required spacers to shim out the rear sets. Still only took a couple hours. Are you changing the air filter as well? Sounds really cool suckin wind through an open filter.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
The actual installation process only takes about 20mns (low mounts)
Do u have a jet kit installed?
If not you might wanna get it installed, if the bike has prolems starting or if you fell there's a lose of power when your ride.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you are installing high-mounts, use caution when removing the left rearset, as it shares a bolt with the side-stand. Use a rear stand.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are low mounts.

The bike is fuel injected so a jet kit would not seem to be in order.

I read the post on the sidestand. I borrowed a rear stand.

Are they hard to get off? Any delicate beating required? Mine have been on for 3200 miles.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My stock pipes were a breeze to take off (after 5500 miles). I did use a small breaker bar to loosen the clamps, but no big deal - probably could have done it with a 3/8 ratchet or a plain old wrench.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
To get the stock pipes off, you remove one bolt and yank it off. You could do one side in less than a minute if you have your allen wrenches and an 8mm wrench on hand.

Depending on the pipes, it can take longer to install the new ones. The Gia.Ca.Moto clipons that I used to use required a bunch of other adjustments to get them in place, so it took more like 20 minutes to install them properly. If you get a one-piece pipe that doesn't require any other adjustments, you should have it installed in just a few minutes.

If you just change the pipes, you shouldn't need to make any changes to the fuel injection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts