Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for plug for the headlight on a monster? I am wanting to wire up my grip heaters and this is as good a location for power and ground as any.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Check the owners manual. My 03 M1000S has a wiring diagram in the back.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked in the manual, not specific enough on what wire does what. There are three wires White, Black, and yellow w/ Black stripe. Which one is which?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Black is always ground on the Ducati wires. White should be the low beam and the yellow with black stripe should be the high beam. If you look closely at the wiring diagram, it usually shows a smaller filament for the low beam and a larger one for the high beam to distinguish the two. Unfortunately they don't do the same thing for the tail light.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Monsta,
When I put grip heaters on my Monster, I tapped into the parking lamp circuit. On my '03 it's a solid yellow wire. And before you ask, the parking lamp is on whenever the headlights are on! Don't ask me, I just work here. My guess is that if your headlight fails, you have the parking lamp for some illumination. It works so I'm not really questioning it.

Eddie

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I originally tapped into the turn signals but then realized that they were just that, turn signals only. I have the heaters wired up to the headlight. THe headlight works but the heaters are not. Time to pull out the volt meter! Thanks for everyones help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts